[Help] - Little big problem with y8 manifold

Any issues? Discuss them here
Red666

[Help] - Little big problem with y8 manifold

Post by Red666 »

Hello, I just finish my swap about intake manifold (I begin with th z6, and during the day, a friend came with y8. So I mount y8 manifold).

All it's ok (I think). I change some hoses (more longer) and I replace in the same place. I clean all I can do it.

When I start my engine, the idle is at 4000rpm 15sec. And now, he do yoyo (4000-1000-4000-1000....). I have a little bit more smoke than another day (my car smoke a little when the wheather is cold, like today).

So what is the problem ? Clean RACV (it already do that, but maybe bad) ?

I don't block the IACV with plate, but I mount this with one hose in the 2 enter.

Someone can tell me what color of wired is in map sensor, and the other sensor in throttle body ?? It's ok, but I've doubt :?

Thanks for help !!

Red666

Re: [Help] - Little big problem with y8 manifold

Post by Red666 »

After a short night, and 1 hours on the engine, I think I find the problem : I have a leak of coolant, in the intake manifold gasket.... :shock: I have a big thickness of gasket on the head......

The problem was, I have a old paper gasket on the old mani :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....How can I think I've 2, 1 on head, 1 on manifold (or layer are decompose :? ??) !!!

But I don't start yet, it's very early, and I have some old neighbor in my little village ;) I'm respectful :D :D

Am I right about thickness gasket on head ? Or it's may be another think ?

If someone have another solution, or idea.. ;) . It's very urgent because I use my car all day of week for job (Troubleshooting computer at home...). I'll wait few hours while sleeping to start car. :D :lol:

Thanks for all.

Red666

Post by Red666 »

Hello, I clean all gasket manifold on the head (very hard job !!! no place, gasket very paste on the head... :evil: ).

All done, reset ECU, BIG BIG white smoke on the first 10km (some coolant in head). And now I am very happy !! :D . No smoke, idle stable at 850/rpm, nothing negative.

So I learn if the idle jump to 4000, and do the yoyo (4000-1000-4000...), it's air leak.

The engine is less nervous on the pedal, but more fluid in drive. The sound change, more discrete despite the stainless exhaust manifold and de-cat. Before the sound was felted, now it's hoarse.. :D .At 4800/rpm I have the same sensation of VTEC (almost of course.. :D ), but I realy feel the difference..A friend of mine did not recognize the engine :mrgreen: :twisted: ...
Just a little problem, I don't reassemble with my Edelbrock gasket (silicone), I care this for my VTEC head (z6 in the rectifier). I've some OEM gasket in excess.

I love my honda !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for indirect help (the site is a Holy Bible for the D14, bravo Dodo !!)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hehehe well done! I immediatly assumed gasket left overs. To run 4000 rpm on idle you need a big leak. The EACV cannot do that.

Just to fill in about the MAP and TPS sensors, TPS is the one with signal (redish) in the middle. MAP sensor has the signal (also redish) on the outside somewere. But if you messed up with those two, you wouldn't be smiling now ;).

Red666

Post by Red666 »

Hy,

I saw on the net the eacv can't turn the idle up to 4000, so is that which I thing is leak (and very big like you say ;) ).

About TSP and MAP sensor, I read all the topic about Baz's civic (great setup & car Baz !! ;) ). And I see his fried ECU (because of wrong wiried) and I think the bad wiring MAP & TPS sensor do the same think :? .

A little pics about my d14 with y8 IM (the small wires black and red on the left are those of the old alarm, I take it of later to put another) :

Thanks for confirmation. Bye

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nah, switching TPS and MAP does not fry the ECU, just f*ck up engine response if any.

baz

Post by baz »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Nah, switching TPS and MAP does not fry the ECU, just f*ck up engine response if any.
Indeed, i switched the ECT sensor with an other :oops:
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm