Smell of oil or fuel ?

Any issues? Discuss them here
bluecivic

Smell of oil or fuel ?

Post by bluecivic »

Hi guys i have done my intake upgrade y8 one.
It has made a notable difference, i get power at 2000rpm and then again at 5000 rpm at this point feels like vtec. Gr8

But since the upgrade i have been using oil, and have a smell of oil through the vents inside the car im it smells like oil and fumes. But i cannot figure out where its coming from as i have no oil leaks.

Also i have a flat spot between 2,500rpm and 4,500 rpm. revs go very slow at this point until over 4,500 rpm.

Any ideas or fixes ?

saxophonias

Re: Smell of oil or fuel ?

Post by saxophonias »

have you attached all the cables right? maybe use a small filter for the oil return on the manifold to the head?
what intake filter do you use? Any exhaust mods?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Flat spot between 2500 and 4500 is a bad sign, it should not be there at all.

Are you sure you hooked up all the vacuum lines and coolant lines correctly and did not mingle them?

Is the one-way valve from the positive carter ventilation still in place/working correctly?

Can you show high res pictures of all the lines? I am really thinking it is in there... some big error in the carter ventilation.

Also did you connect the EVAP system correctly?

mark

Post by mark »

Pcv problem i think, is the elbow good mounted?

Wat is flat spot in het nederlands?

bluecivic

Post by bluecivic »

Thanks for your replies guys ! You guys are good, i figured it out this afternoon when i looked at another d14a4 engine that i have in my garage and seen the vent black box and noticed that i didnt have the plug into it with hose going to manifold.i did not have the box connected or the evap valve lol :P

So put the plug in with great difficulty and linked into a spare vac point on manifold and yes it has cured the smell of fumes. Which is gr8 cause i was starting to get a light head every time i drove lol. So thats fixed now.

Now the only slow point i have is between 4000rpm and 5000rpm.

Do you think a 4 branch manifold would cure this ? I already have a decat.

And is it normal to have a bit of light smoke after manifold swap ?

I have checked everything and it is all connected correctly and in the right place. Do i have to reset ecu ? How do you do this ? do you disconnect the battery for a while ?

Also i have lots of spare bits if anyone needs any. And i would like to swap a set of coilover sleeves and springs for a 4 branch ex manifold ! Anyone ?

Cheers lee.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

bluecivic wrote:And is it normal to have a bit of light smoke after manifold swap ?

I have checked everything and it is all connected correctly and in the right place. Do i have to reset ecu ? How do you do this ? do you disconnect the battery for a while ?

Also i have lots of spare bits if anyone needs any. And i would like to swap a set of coilover sleeves and springs for a 4 branch ex manifold ! Anyone ?

Cheers lee.
If you've got spare bits im sure some people will be interested (myself included). It would be good if you made a post in the for sale section listing the parts and also where you live (for shipping purposes).
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

bluecivic

Post by bluecivic »

No probs will do.