Power windows motors failing

Any issues? Discuss them here
saxophonias

Power windows motors failing

Post by saxophonias »

Some of you might know. I have replaced twice the rear right window mechanism due to a failure in the electric motor and the rear left, once. So this makes 3 failures which is quite worrisome for our reliable civics.
Yesterday I had my park parked and when I came back I realised that the front window had fallen. After a visit to the garage we saw that a plastic thing in the mechanism had broken and caused this. So 4 power window mechanisms up to now. The front issue might be due to the direct sun exposure for so many years and the advanced vibrations of the car due to hard suspensions. Any similar experiences?

pardizzle21

Re: Power windows motors failing

Post by pardizzle21 »

only similar experience iv had is from day 1 the passenger window motor was a bit slow.

I think it was due to the seals around the window being very dry/sticky and iv now burnt out the motor over time trying to force the window.....ballache
I would of thought the window wiper would last forever due to low use though?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Power windows motors failing

Post by Dodo Bizar »

My parents MA civic window wiper engine died due to rust build up in the motor self.

My girls EJ2 loosened window on the driver side, in winter it would not close fast enough, she tried helping by pulling, did it so hard it came loose and crooked and had to drive home 20 km with freezing temp... after some tempering I got it mended in an hour or so, still weird how she pulled it off/out.