Overheating after BHP Increase

Any issues? Discuss them here
pardizzle21

Re: Overheating after BHP Increase

Post by pardizzle21 »

Ah very good points Jangz, same same i didnt get my head skimmed and I reused the bolts, hopefully we'l get to the bottom of it at some point!(as much as i'd like to buy some of your parts tho) :lol:
peace

jangz

Post by jangz »

If and when I do take the parts off I will let you know first. At the moment I need to sell the parts under the sofa that are not fitted and then I can think about whats on the car.

About the overflow issues it seems as long as i blast within gears 1,2 and 3 since the 1.3bar cap upgrade seems to be keep it all in place. Boosting in 4th gear and getting past 90mph its when it all starts to very quickly spill out. I can still have fun in gears 1,2 and 3 as that's what i wanted to do in the first place. As long as its stays behaved in these gears my car seems to be perfectly fine.

However, the eventual upgrade to something with 4 doors is inevitable until then I shall enjoy what I have built and what i can say is that my idea to fit a small turbo like the td04 suited the car so well and have really taken on some far more expensive cars. I have no desires for any of them and hence why i love this car even more and the d14 in general. No one understands the potential of this car, even the tuning garage i went to was a little skeptical but he was surprised how well it preformed and explained having a b16 with 340bhp and would have preferred this as its got everything needed and tailored to our streets and complimented my approach on having a car with such useable power and keeping it a d14.
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

Post by 007 »

jangz wrote:About the overflow issues it seems as long as i blast within gears 1,2 and 3 since the 1.3bar cap upgrade seems to be keep it all in place. Boosting in 4th gear and getting past 90mph its when it all starts to very quickly spill out.
sounds like the head is lifting under load and leaking cylinder pressure into the coolant system.

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

"until then I shall enjoy what I have built and what i can say is that my idea to fit a small turbo like the td04 suited the car so well and have really taken on some far more expensive cars. I have no desires for any of them and hence why i love this car even more and the d14 in general."
Quote of the day ^^^^^
;) ;) ;)

What bits are under the bed pal ?turbo acc's?

pardz

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Please don't give up, fix it, get the upperhand in this problem ;) .

If you need a spare D14, I got! And probably more than enough engines you can get from junkyards nowadays :mrgreen: , because I think your travel towards here will cost more than an avarage spare engine.

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

Jangz long time, have u gotten any further with finding ur overheating issue?

Im so happy to be able to say i think mine is now fixed!!!!!!!!Who'd of thought that all along it was just a dodgy/intermittent thermostat!!Id tested it too and it was fine, but i decided to remove it the other day and wa-laa, hasnt overheated since.(granted the weather has dropped temp abit recently, but still!)

Pardz

jangz

Post by jangz »

AWWW SHIZZ MAN I'm so happy for your seriously.

I was also thinking it could be the same thing (thermostat) but that will my next thing to change, which I will get done this month as I got my MOT due. No real progress since my last post, but no issues of overheating other than the one occasion since the new cap was fitted. Plus I haven't been top end past 3rd gear since the overheating issues that I had in summer. Weather seems to have kept the car cool and fine.

Not going to give up guys, its my child that I could never let go of.
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Don't give up man :) We are all rooting for you!
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete