Problem with immobiliser

Any issues? Discuss them here
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Problem with immobiliser

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Only thing I know is that he used the right units together. No idea about the prices...

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

No problem again with the imobiliser! Hope it stays this way for another 6 months :mrgreen:

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Guess what, it happens again.
So does anyone know how i bypass the immobiliser without changing the ecu, because if it fails completely i will be without car for a long time. If you don't want to go public pm me 8-)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i was thinking that if we can purchase an obd2a jdm ecu for d13b then we wouldn't have to worry about imo failure and need to replace this expensive part as the jdm ecus don't have imo on. What do you think?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ehm... there is a guy in Austria, goes by Doctronix, actually a friend of him might read on this site and is a registered member, just forgot which one it was. And sells you IMMO replacement boards, since it is a very tiny board in your ECU you can just solder in and out... I think that is a safer bet than getting JDM ECU with different mappings etc.

If anyone is interested in a P3Y ECU to do this IMMO soldering job without wanting to harm their original ECU, I got one laying around which can be sold for ehm lets say 70 euro...

Ow and I believe I got a D14A3 P3X ECU as well, same price, but I'll remove the IMMO from that one myself if your interested, since that is my old baby hehe which I kept for years incase I ever might reconsidered converting it back, guess what I'll never ever will do?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

nice, the point is which part is going down, is it the immo device or the little transmitter on the steering coloumn? :roll:

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ehm yeah, its 3 parts... reader in the steering lock, transmitter somewhere in the dash for starter if I am right and third the ECU that cuts the fuel pump...

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i have noticed that when i used to wait for the sound (check) of the fuel pump the problem of not starting was more often. If i don't wait and start the engine right away then the problem happens very rarely. Could it be something here or just my idea?

Dwardu

Post by Dwardu »

ohhh so THATS why it goes 'BZZZZZZZZ *CLICK*' when i turn the key without starting... :mrgreen:
--

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yep, it pre-loads fuel pressure. The pressure then starts leaking away, but normally you don't need to pressurise until you turn the key and start the engine, after which the fuel pump will stay buzzing, but yuo can't hear the noise anymore.

Now if you would have swapped manifold or engine, something that requires you to disconnect the fuel lines for a long time, you might need to start a little longer since the fuel pressure is not build up in just 2 seconds. Or even better, don't start at all, but have the fuel pump engine 3 times. So, buzzzzz click, turn key back, turn forth, buzzzz click, repeat until you have three times 2 seconds of pressurising, and even the most empty fuel line should be under normal pressure again.

Btw also helps when on low gas :mrgreen: