Problem with turbo D14A4

Any issues? Discuss them here
Charlo1888

Problem with turbo D14A4

Post by Charlo1888 »

I have a turbo setup on my D14A4, there's still a bit to do though. I have and inlet manifold and engine loom from a D16y7 and just noticed that the distributor plugs don't match up and also the plug that goes into the reverse light I think?

Do I need a different loom or do I need a distributor off a d15? Any help would be great thanks

hondaNickx

Re: Problem with turbo D14A4

Post by hondaNickx »

Charlo1888 wrote:I have a turbo setup on my D14A4, there's still a bit to do though. I have and inlet manifold and engine loom from a D16y7 and just noticed that the distributor plugs don't match up and also the plug that goes into the reverse light I think?

Do I need a different loom or do I need a distributor off a d15? Any help would be great thanks
You don't need a different loom ,i'm also using the d16y7 loom and i'm running obd1.
You need to do the obd1 swap .So yes you need a D15b7 ignition distributor and a ignition conversion harnas ( obd2 to obd1) cause your d16y7 harnas is obd2.
You could also repin the wires but you still need some obd1 ignition connectors.
I would also advice to change the d16y7/d14a4 intake manifold to a d16z6 or d16y8 intake manifold.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"