Honda CRZ "sporty, incredibly efficient and inexpensive"

Discussion and Tuning of any other Honda
mynameisowen

Honda CRZ "sporty, incredibly efficient and inexpensive"

Post by mynameisowen »

Hi guys,

Im not sure if you guys have heard about the CRZ which is a new model due to be released in 2010. It carries on the tradition of the CRX as in small and sporty but most importantly it will feature an electric/petrol hybrid engine!!!

WOW!! i know its a pretty bold step for honda to try but i think its a good idea. I do hope this new model lives up to the name of the CRX which was an amazing little car.
I went to the british motor show in 2008 and they had the CRZ concept there and i must say its not bad looking as concepts go, have a little google search and see what you think, heres the official honda page;

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/

And here is what wiki are saying;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-Z

Good news is that it is being released in Europe because the whole world seems to think we are eco-nuts!!

What you think of this car guys, do you think honda are making a good move? In fact what do you think about hybrids in general with all this eco stuff going on at the moment!!

Coolio :)
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Re: Honda CRZ "sporty, incredibly efficient and inexpensive"

Post by saxophonias »

This is the new goal- project honda has set. I think that hybrid sporty engines are going to be a good move as the electro engines are going to provide a good extra power to petrol vtec engines probably. Still i guess we have to wait so as honda to develop strong engine combos. So in my opinion history is repeating. Vtec was the exotic solution to making horsepower. Sport hybrids are going to do the same in the near future.