CR-Z

Discussion and Tuning of any other Honda
Firebass

CR-Z

Post by Firebass »

what u think about the new CR-Z ? i was searching if some1 is selling at Greece to check stats good looking car with many extras but 1.500c 115 BHP for 30.000? way too much for nothing and i think this car weights 1600 klg is there any other publication for this car ? or its only 1500?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

saxophonias

Re: CR-Z

Post by saxophonias »

It's called CR-Z and it is Hybrid, that it has a small electric motor to assist the 1.5 N/A engine. It is about 1200kg heavy.It could be lighter of course. Let's wait to see other more powerful engines in the future as it happened with the former CRX

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

yes u r right CR-Z i went to ask today at kontogiorgas He told me atm only 1.5 and it has the torque to go over of the power MITO and some other 1.8 cars
he tells me that this car 125 bhp from 1.200 rpm and it can compete many cars of 1.800 what to say , this car is sold 23000 wile 27000 with full extra .... i think no worths :/

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

I think it will be very interesting. Im sure they will bring out faster models. But the again there may be some complexity with fitting the IMA electric system to any engine, i.e it may be expensive for Honda.

According to wikipedia it will use this engine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_L_engine#LEA

Im sure it will feel faster then the 115bhp stated just because of the electric motor providing lots of low down torque. Although I am a bit dissapointed with the lack of power from the 1.5 engine.

I saw this car in person as a concept back in 2008 so I'm really looking forward to seeing these on the road ;P
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

let's see if our ej9s will be faster 8-)

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

i love my ej9 i hope i ll never change it

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Wasn't there word of a Cr-Z type-R with the same 1.5 engine pulling 100 bhp or more per litre? Got my hopes on that one... sounds VTEC-ie :mrgreen: .

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Wasn't there word of a Cr-Z type-R with the same 1.5 engine pulling 100 bhp or more per litre? Got my hopes on that one... sounds VTEC-ie :mrgreen: .
I read a bullshit car magazine with a "CR-Z Type-R" in it. Really it was a standard CR-Z that they had photoshopped really really badly to lok like a type R. But they did mention that there will be a Type R using the same engine I belive.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Hashiriya

Post by Hashiriya »

mynameisowen wrote:
Dodo Bizar wrote:Wasn't there word of a Cr-Z type-R with the same 1.5 engine pulling 100 bhp or more per litre? Got my hopes on that one... sounds VTEC-ie :mrgreen: .
I read a bullshit car magazine with a "CR-Z Type-R" in it. Really it was a standard CR-Z that they had photoshopped really really badly to lok like a type R. But they did mention that there will be a Type R using the same engine I belive.
It's rumored to be a Type-R version, with a more powerful 1.5 engine (Mugen is say'd to be helping on this), and a beefed up electric motor. I just want to know how long will the batteries last when on track :P

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

tha batteries get charged everytime you use the brakes. The life span of them though isn't known. I have heard somewhere that every ten years they need maintainance.