Mazda 626 / Ford Probe KL - family

Discussion and Tuning of any other Honda
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Mazda 626 / Ford Probe KL - family

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Right now as a third car I got my hands on a Mazda 626 with 2.5l. V6 engine. I got it for the sound and to get some V6 experience since I hope to be a NSX owner one day... will take a lot of dreaming though before that day comes... or it stays a dream. But the 626 is more sensible than a similar age Legend both from a tax as fuel economic standpoint.

I got the feeling the engine I have, the KLDE is already a popular engine for the Mazda/Probe scenes. It has 167 hp and 220Nm. Not the highest numbers, but it gets you of the place and especially swapped in MX3 you get some decent speed. The top dog is the KLZE with 200 hp. Also a smaller 1.8l version with 130 hp can be found in the MX3 stock, therefore swapping to the KLDE or KLZE is easy and affordable for these people.

Ah well, I have to stop now, but will expand this thread later on. Let me know if anyone is interested in reading about this alien engine and my search for ... more ;).

saxophonias

Re: Mazda 626 / Ford Probe KL - family

Post by saxophonias »

nice!!Which gen is it?Any pics?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

It's the GE 5 door hatch from 1993 (years 1993-1995 produced). I'd like to bounce the question which gen that makes because I have no clue about it.

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

1st of all , ild have to agree with joris about the dream part , lol but I hope it doesnt remain a dream though.
My goal now is to join a gd uni and then get myself to be a car designer that way ill design my own car lol.
Nsx though and cadilac cts sport the new one with two doors.
Looks nice but the nsx is bigger better looking. Ought to have it one day:)

And aah abt Mazda I love it bcoz my dad had bought one when I was born " as he says later that the oil and water got mixed and spoilt the engine. It was an oldy 1981 Mazda GLZ sedan.

The 626 , 2.5L v6 engine on a mazda is the best and most successful model in Mazda co

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Unfortunately I discovered a big gaping hole yesterday in the left rear chassis beam... it's next to the fuel tank and above one of the brake lines. Next Thursday it get's MOT check and I think this alone will be a MOT fail. Considering the large amount of work to fix it (removing fuel tank and putting the tank back... knowing Honda filler tubes that's something you don't want to do) and perhaps other MOT fails I don't know about... it might be a short lived car this one. In that case I will sell it for parts.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

sorry to hear that,did`t you have it checked for mot failures before buying it?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hehehe... the car was physically in my possession 4 months already and we (my friend/colleague who is the previous owner for a small year) did some maintenance to it. Never found it before, though there was a note on the previous year's MOT papers. And put it this way... the selling price was accordingly to this kind of risk. I paid next to nothing for it. It's just my car-heart that might be broken, not my wallet.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

ok then! ;)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hmmm.... MOT failed. On a list of things. Yes there was the big gaping hole, but there is also a ball joint plus a boot... way too much hassle for this car. Apart from that other small things which are easier to fix (lights).

So well... anyone wants to buy 2.5 V6 KLDE engine?

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

What a shame, hope you enjoyed it while you could :)
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete