Torco SR5

What works for real, what doesn't
Power of Vtec

Torco SR5

Post by Power of Vtec »

hi guys
any experience with that oli?
my motor is an b16a and i'm using eneos 5-40 at the moment
"The unique valve cover, the hidden spark plug wires. this is something any serious engine enthusiast will recognize instantly: Honda's B-series".

saxophonias

Re: Torco SR5

Post by saxophonias »

they have been using it a lot in the States. I think bisimoto sponsors it ;)

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

yes i know in the states is the favorite oil for many racing teams, but here in greece, i've heard different opinions.
is the "MPZ additive" so good?
"The unique valve cover, the hidden spark plug wires. this is something any serious engine enthusiast will recognize instantly: Honda's B-series".

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

eneos for me sucked !!!! i use 10-40 synthetic and it just keep burning them i have run 3700 klm and i have rfilled 2.9l no problem with stem vavles but i suppose it oils cant support my engine so i ll use some motul v300 together with an oil booster to see some results , also 1 guy told me that he used some motor flush cz he had the same problem but i dont know about that !!!!
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Is this the first oil you have been using in this engine? Any experience with other oils? Maybe the oil consumption isn't due to the oil, as this consumption is too much.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

as i asked 1 more person that had the same problem with me he is using motul v300 now and he is ok he used also 1 motor flush before install new oils and he is good so i dont guess that is every1 that says i need rebuild , the stem vavles of honda last 300k klm and mine got only 100k so as per my mechanic says the last years eneos got sucky and i have heard that opinion from many ppl , since they stopped writing on the box made in japan specifically !!!! also i heard many ppl swapping to motul that are the best oils they ever used !!!! gonna try them tomorrow
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

i had the same problem with eneos,too. my motor was very....."thirsty" :mrgreen:
but i was using 5w40.
european eneos oils,are very......"green" i think. the ones for the japanese market,are better

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I see, my brother's b16b with motul 300V consumes less oil than my d14 :lol: :lol:

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

well you know what they say. "if ti burns......it goes" :mrgreen:
with torco i have much better oil consamption,by the way