Turbo Projects

When forced induction is your style
shena.john84

Re: Turbo Projects

Post by shena.john84 »

Here is the T-25 DSM 2g Turbocharger manufactured by Garrett. The turbo is fairly small, I believe the sizes are .42 and .49 A/R's. It is both oil and water cooled. I used the factory fittings and just chopped the ends off to attach the hoses for the coolant lines and for the oil feed I used a brass 3 way splitter on the back of the block leading to a solid steel brake line (metric) It was the only thing I could come up with. The internal wastegate is set a 8psi. But why on stock DSM they run 11-12psi? They have an electric boost solenoid to raise it up, and run lower boost when cold
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

any pics? ;)
Please introduce yourself at the newbies section :)

Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Hello,

You can see a tuned D14A2 in a friends car in here, look in the pictures section for "Gustavo Motorsport D14 turbo ECU tuning"
www.facebook.com/kineticrd

Feel free to post any doubts and coments, we are still improoving the car, it was only street tuned yet.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Looks good :)
Make and introductory topic and let us know more about it!! :mrgreen:
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Welcome Paulo I pressume? Please introduce yourself in the newbies section as well ;).

For the rest: I know this guy, his work and the D14A2 for a couple of weeks already, is real fun engine I guess with the turbo on it.

Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Welcome Paulo I pressume? Please introduce yourself in the newbies section as well ;).

For the rest: I know this guy, his work and the D14A2 for a couple of weeks already, is real fun engine I guess with the turbo on it.
Hello Joris,

Yes it's me.
In the weekend I will make a proper introuction for myself and for the D14.

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

Hey guys, posting on this old thread, hopefully there will be enough people to check it out, since i'll be boosting my d14a4 with a borg warner 60 trim, and a home made log mani, check out some pics ;)

So the proyect is going by little by little, i finiched the manifold 2 weeks ago, i'm waiting for the intercooler kit to arrive (universal one that i'll be welding) and got my oil line kit today from go-autoworks, so that little monster will be running pretty soon :twisted:

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ooooooh that looks big! What is the target boost?

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

yes it is big sir!!! i have stock internals so i'll be only boosting 7 or 9 psi, but my b series will be boosting arround 20! :lol:

jangz

Post by jangz »

Wwoohoo that sir is le-huge. My Turbo is a TD04 off a WRX on my D14z2 and works awesome with no lag with a real kick in the ass, but this is going be really interesting. Really hope it all goes well definitely keeping my eye on this.
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X