NOS projects

When forced induction is your style
novaksaotome

Re: NOS projects

Post by novaksaotome »

haha before i decided to swap for a high compression d16 i was seriously thinking about geting a ZEX nos kit from ebay, like 400€ shipped. thay told me that our d14 vtec's are good for a 50 shot safely with minor bolt on's. as far as HP gains, nos is the best bang for the buck you could ever get. of course we know that that chemical boost only lasts as long as the bottle, but it's still cheaper than a turbo setup.
Now besides drag, i think it would be fun to run nos on the streets as long as they're long enough! :lol:

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

try and tell us man :D :D

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

yeah i really wanna see the results
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

well it hasn't happen yet, cause of my turbo build, but i beleive it will come eventually :lol: the only thing that has stopped me from doing NOS is just because nearby where i live there's nowhere to refill the bottles... :cry:

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

One question into the gloom of nos, ....!

If lets say they are empty ...
Would you know those pressured water shaped bottles for balloon pumping .
They have compressed gas... I think its hydrogen gas..

Question, would this do the job ?
I know a Russian friend who inhaled the gas and then by mistake he smoked
When he smoked ... Somehow he lightened a bomb inside his lungs and he passed away.

But this is crazy though definetly a no. Wouldnt want to blow the engine.

H2 is highly flammable lolz atleast nos is nitrogen oxide and pretty hard to get a substitute . But if wanted extra hp,

We can put methane fuel 250 ml in the gas tank when full only then it would work.

Ask the tried one :)

hondamake

Post by hondamake »

Hi guys, word of warning on NOS. Whilst those addicted to it will tell you that it is safe because it does not burn always remember that it is one hell of an excelerant. The very reason why people use it is the same reason why street use is suicidal. In the event of a vehicle fire the prescence of nitrous oxide will create a disaster. The perfect storm of ignition, fuel and oxygen in large quantities. Track use with the attendance of fire marshals and no innocent by-standers is fine. Have you ever seen the ressult of a car fire with the addition of NOS? :shock:
Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick any two - because you won't get all three!

hondamake

Post by hondamake »

Forgive the spelling; it should have read "accelerant" :oops:
Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick any two - because you won't get all three!

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

:lol: i understood but you could have just edited ur post - but yeah i have seen back fire with cars having nos - thats crazy - im happy with ethyl or ethanol fuel though its expensive but i just use it once for the extra hp and i tell u - it feels slippery and i dont like it in the end - i think of it as a good valve and piston cleaner hehe .