Firebass

Re: NOS projects

Post by Firebass »

NOS at this engine = death ?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

As lon as your not stupid about it then I guess not. But we arent fat americans who like to drag race here. Plus us EJ9'ers arent exactly rich so we stick to junkyard parts ;)

But im sure it could be done if you wanted to =P
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Is there any EJ9 out there on NOS? Seems a no till now...

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

occasionally some people did this mod in Greece but they came up braking their engine after bad use

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Boooooooo... let me guess, 'small' 50 hp shots without realising 50 hp is an enormous amount of torque when applied to an 1.4 at 2500 rpm? Same as turbo boosting over 8Psi and than having the engine brake while putting out less than 100 hp...

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I only know one guy who had a D14 with nos several years back.It was the president of Honda Club Belgium (Pink Danny) He blew the engine with a 75 or 100hp shot of nos.He said it was veryy fast in the short time it runned :lol: .I don't think he got the air/fuel mixture adjusted in any way ,but in those days he just did it for fun .
I can't really see the potential of Nos besides using it on the drag strip with or without a turbo .I rather spend money on a turbo kit or something.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hehehe, Pink Danny, long time ago... he still in the scene there?

I agree, NOS is hardly useful besides drag.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Hehehe, Pink Danny, long time ago... he still in the scene there?

I agree, NOS is hardly useful besides drag.
Jep he still is the president of Honda Club Belgium , at the moment he's chasing his dreams .He has bought a nsx and another nsx .One which will get a complete racing bodykit (like the takata nsx ) and everything has been covered with kevlar.He's nuts ,but that's going to be one hell of a car :lol: .The other one is a white automatic nsx that he uses to drive around.Besides that he still has like 22 honda's and several projects laying around ,Civic V6 ,Honda Sulki ,ect...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

WTF? :shock: