Shot peening conrods

When forced induction is your style
marty40

Re: Shot peening conrods

Post by marty40 »

rebuilt skyline turbo will work tho. one with steel internals and bored out. will do 400hp.

so d13 crower rods, vitara d16a6 pistons and d14 crank also with 1.3mm skimmed off my d14 head wont work? :? this gives a zero piston to deck height?

what combination would you all recomend for 400hp?

thanks guys

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I would start worrying about how to make your D14 oil pump and bearings to withstand 400hp with lot's and lot's of torque.

Crower rods Do work with Vitara's .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

marty40

Post by marty40 »

ported and shimmed sould be ok for the oil pump? and as u said before larger holes in the bearings?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Well it sounds like you're talking about 400 hp on a D14 like it's nothing.
I don't know if you realize it's not that easy to reach 400 hp on 1396cc and to keep your engine from failing.You'll need lot's of boost , which in return requires a very good manifold ,turbo ,bottem end , head ,....
It's not just a case of cranking up the boost up to 2 bar and it will make 400hp...
Not even to mention it's going to cost you a lottttttt of money .
I don't think this is your full out race track car ,so you really need to think about driveability ,and how to get hp on the road.
You're faster with 200 hp and a short transmission then with 400 hp with a long transmission and still having wheelspin in 4th gear.

If it was my engine i'd set my goal at 200hp at the wheels ,with a short transmission.Doesn't require that much boost ,your engine will last longer ,you're fast as hell ,and you can put all the hp to the ground.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

marty40

Post by marty40 »

I do realise how big of a challenge this is going to be. i was just going to buy a d16z6 and turbo it but i wana do something ota the normal. No-one ever is willing to spend the money or give any time to the d14 engine which i find a shame. because its an engine that deserves more recognition than it gets.

it would just be nice to see what this engine is fully capiable of when fully built and turbod.

also im talking about 375-400 flywheel hp. not wheel.

thanks

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Well guys, i've just found this thread...
Dont know if you've seen but im building my own D14a4 turbo.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87&p=10012#p10012
I want 300hp or close. Currently building with B18C4 rods and D16Y8 pistons.
Gives 8.5 compression ration, that seems good.
Cometic Multi Layer Steel Gaskets can be ordered custom, from 027” to .140” and in 3-layer as well as 5-layer.
Regards