Supercharger model

When forced induction is your style
ilya

Supercharger model

Post by ilya »

i think about supercharger, but jackson racing supercharger i think it's very strong (and expensive :roll: ).

somebody knows other models of compressors for D engines?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

saxophonias

Re: Supercharger model

Post by saxophonias »

you might find a used one on the internet. I think though that a supercharger in a d14 will perform less due to less cc in comparison with d16 which is meant for. They give you torque from the beginning but not so productive as a turbo application.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Probably linked to Jackson, but currently Rotrex should have a state of the art cute and small one. Unfortunately in NL I only found some high cost car tuning company selling those for prices I don't want to afford.

Stupid me... I just saw a Jaguar this week at the dyno I come regularly with charger and 500 bhp... I should have asked which type it had installed. Just realize it now. But could have been OEM as well, I have no clue about these kind of cars.

Here in Netherlands we have had a B20 Frankenstein with SC from Jackson years ago, it was more of a demo car which sprinted in 2002 on the tracks, but it was said it had the original VTEC torque character, but just higher. Around 320 bhp I believe it had. It was from TCC, but they still have a DART block in a Civic doing sprints this year I guess, also supercharged and fed with NOS. Not sure about horsepower, but think it drove 11.3 seconds over the 1/4 mile in 2010.

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

i agree that a rotrex would be fun, and i just looove the sound of a supercharged D!!!! but honestly it is not worth the money, a turboed D is way more fun and affordable, but just check this one out :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7_TT9DIJg&feature=fvsr

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I have seen this video for some time now, but I don't think it is really fast for 160whp. :roll:
What do you think?

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

well honestly for the price, it is not that fast yeah. with my tubo d14 i have way more fun and hp that with the same amount of money and a supercharger, so even if i love the sound the performance isnt there...

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Sounds nice and pulls strong in 1st/2nd gear but I am a bit surprised how top speed seems to be lacking.

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

vrooom i just arrived to this topic - hurray i have internet in my new home hehe silly me.

very important topic ..

any ideas about Eaton 62 or are they too big ?

cheers.

archyman

Post by archyman »

I think that Eaton (roots) type of chargers are meant for different type of engines, big massive and with lots of torque - American muscle cars for example...our little D engines struggle when we engage the AC on, so u imagine how it would turn that big boy...in fact it can consume above 100bhp when at full load.
http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServ ... PCT_221789
http://www.autozine.org/technical_schoo ... 1.html#TVS
However there are very few centrifugal superchargers that can be mated with our engines.
I think, and correct me if i am wrong, only Rotrex and Jackson produce such, but at a price of 2 cars in good condition.
The centrifugal type of a supercharger is the most efficient one because of its lower working temp and low friction, but it has its flaws. It uses a very complex gearbox that multiplies RPM from the engine to 60-80 k but it does that following the power band of the engine and should be tuned to match it..
To keep it working under such conditions they use very expensive bearings and oils.
The maintenance of the components is a problem in my opinion. Maybe someone who uses it can bring some more light on the matter.
I think someone mentioned here about G60 SC from VW Corrado, but would not advice putting it on any setup as it proved to be very unreliable.
Personally i wish to go the centrifugal sc way soon, but instead of buying the above brands i want to couple the compressor side of a gt15 or bigger turbocharger to an Switched Reluctant electric motor capable of high speeds..not exactly sure if i could find one though ...if anybody here can help with that it would be great:)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Anyone please help this man. (I want to know more about this stuff to ;) )