Some basic turbo info

When forced induction is your style
mr kawa

Re: Some basic turbo info

Post by mr kawa »

if got some questions;

- way should you not get like skunk2 piston rods just to be sure. they are like 450Euro's
(d15/d16 but specs are saying they can be used for honda 1996/1998) are they the same as d14?
- isn't it better to get some low compression pistons?
- what about the cilinder head, arent the valves gonne melt under all the pressure?

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

there's no rods for d14, they have to be custom made. If you are willing to spend 450 euros on parts, it should't be on a d14 it's not worth the money for the power you will get. Dropping the compression on thi engine will not help unless you have rods that support at least 400 hp, for it to be usefull to add more boost. Valves and stuff wont melt if the tune i done properly.

mr kawa

Post by mr kawa »

Now i have been reading a lot of turbo build honda topics. And i knowtest people making comments about the oil feed line giving to much oil to the turbo. They are telling about using restrictors to 1mm. Does anyone know how to figure out the right ammount of oil going to the turbo?

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

the info about the restrictor is usually given by the manufacturer

Acc3l3ratoR

Post by Acc3l3ratoR »

mr kawa wrote:Now i have been reading a lot of turbo build honda topics. And i knowtest people making comments about the oil feed line giving to much oil to the turbo. They are telling about using restrictors to 1mm. Does anyone know how to figure out the right ammount of oil going to the turbo?
1mm is very good ...i have one restrictor like that on my turbo Oltcit...