OEM D-Series Intake Manifolds

antc_uk

Re: OEM D-Series Intake Manifolds

Post by antc_uk »

Can someone clarify a few things?:

1. Is the Z6 rail needed for the IM swap? If so then the input line from the Z6 is needed, correct? Can the hose from this be changed easily?

2. Has anyone had a problem with coolant lines? When I tried this last year I had one too many coolant lines coming from my Z6 mani (this was what sropped me doing it). Can someone post pics of their Z6 IM (i can too) to check this is correct?

3. The Z6 TB is needed for the OBD1 swap isnt it? but use D14 TB w/ sideflow pulley

4. Using the Z6 throttle brackets will the stock D14 cable fit ok?

thanks a lot! I will be trying this soon, I tried it this time last year and got it all running but failed as there was one too many coolant lines! - hence why i'm suspicious of the IM I have

ilya

Post by ilya »

I later saw that you shalt D15Z6 (I D16Z6), but I think useful tips.

1. D14 rail not feat. but i DRILL it... but is bad) find d16 rail and fuel hoses.
D16 RAIL, FUEL HOSE bit longer. and the cap of rail a little different. (see my topic TOPOL-M)

2. When you replace the IM, in thee will pour out a lot of coolant (I blended in a jar).
when you change you will have 1 extra hose, just clog it.

just a round hole in D14, the D16 square in the coolant. but it is not matter. Just Use a new gasket. desirable D16.
Make sure you clean the old gasket everything and see what would be inside not hit anything. shut your cloth. you can still use a little sealant. intake manifold is not strong heats.

3. no. if u want swap only IM, u must change only puley. only part that rotates. easy it must be mirrored. but if you do not do not is not a problem, there are people who have not changed it. just throttle cable you'll have somewhere to weaken, or not long enough.

4. DONT UNDERSTAND;
Last edited by ilya on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think Ilya said the most. To clarify:

1: Best do what Ilya says, but for a long time I had D14 hose, which I benden and mended a bit to make it fit. D16 fits better.

2: Somehow various configurations were made by Honda. At one point I actually owned 2 D16Z6 IM's, being identical except for the number of coolant nippels. The right side of the car were the big line resides had a small extra nipple on one manifold and not on the other. So block that one of if needed.

3: Does not matter which TB, both will work. Incase of D14 TB make sure you block the RACV ports of. Otherwise you'll get high idle rpm probably.

4: No that does not fit, I needed to weld the fixation point 3~4 cm closer to the TB if I recall correctly... might be opposite. Solution is to get D16Z6 or 5th gen B16A2 cable, the last one I got.

Skeilz

Re: d16 IM

Post by Skeilz »

I have the possibility to get a d16z6 intake manifold, there's all sensor, but no injectors, and no injector's joint, and 2 hoses are cutted.
The price is 50€. I think it's a good deal, but do i need to buy injector joints, or can i take them on my 190cc? The hoses that are cutted are buyable to Honda?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

There is no injector joint. There is only rubbers. Guess you can use your stock ones.

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Hi, I am new, been reading all day :)
I got a d16Z6 i believe and going to do a swap.
ONe question: How likely that I can reuse my old IM gasket. I find it hard to get some in UK, would normal garage have them? if not what if I use the old ones, effects?
some pic can be posted later.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

You can easily reuse it... Just remove IM really carefully. Cheers

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Thanks, that is a great news for me. :)

Law_

Post by Law_ »

I will reccomend though for you to buy an Hondata IM Gasket soon, they are great.
You can use any D-Series IM gasket or any D-Series Hondata, but Hondatas are better cooling IMs, upgrading the capacity to keep the air cooler - doing power. See on Ebay ;) Cheers

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Ok, cool, I might look for it since I havent done the swap yet.
I am also looking for a d16throttle cable now. but would any B16 cable works too?