Intake tubes. Do size and shape count?

Law_

Re: Intake tubes. Do size and shape count?

Post by Law_ »

Raimundo wrote:I use EG B16 intake tube on my D14, and it runs much faster than with the stock D16 one (my car has D16z6 full intake).

I'm sick, guessing the flu got me, but as soon as I'm ok I will measure stock and B16 intake internal diameter.

Sorry, should've done it before :?
Good recovery !
Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Raimundo wrote:I use EG B16 intake tube on my D14, and it runs much faster than with the stock D16 one (my car has D16z6 full intake).

I'm sick, guessing the flu got me, but as soon as I'm ok I will measure stock and B16 intake internal diameter.

Sorry, should've done it before :?
if it is easy for you can you upload a current picture as i am interested in this tube (b16). Is there a difference between d16 tube and b16 one? The one i have uploaded on the 1st is from a d16 right?

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

Fully recovered! :D

Yup, in the picture it is a D16 tube, which is narrower, the B16 is thicker thus allowing more airflow and throtle response.

Will post the measurings today!
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Thanks! If you could post a pic i would be grateful. I would like to buy one but they are after 40e which is too much for a piece of rubber.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I had both and a B16 intake tube is bigger ,it's also too big for your stock D-series TB to clamp on (or you need to sqees it with a clamp) .B16 has a bigger Tb and offcourse a bigger diameter intake tube.The Stock D-series TB is 64 mm outside a Stock B16 would be around 70mm outside diameter and the intake tube inside diameter would be to.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

You have to use the intake tube with the fastener (clamp) of the stock intake tube... the B16 one was to big, so I changed it and re-used the one from my D16.

;)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

jeroenej9

Post by jeroenej9 »

Does a Wai pipe from an eg fit my ej9, it has to go with a Y8 IM and a blox filter...
From now on you are 'D' squad. 'D' for dirtbags...
"If Honda does not race, there is no Honda" Soichiro Honda

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

jeroenej9 wrote:Does a Wai pipe from an eg fit my ej9, it has to go with a Y8 IM and a blox filter...
Yes it should fit , blox filter and velocity stack right ?Good stuff ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

jeroenej9

Post by jeroenej9 »

Yup :mrgreen:

i was thinking to use this thing:

A "normal" pipe looks a bit small with the velocity stack :lol:
Kinda hope this thing fits.... :roll:
From now on you are 'D' squad. 'D' for dirtbags...
"If Honda does not race, there is no Honda" Soichiro Honda

baz

Post by baz »

Oke this is what i use for induction.

I can tell you this is too big voor a D14 engine. Before i got an 55mm aluminium intake tube with AEM dry air filter. The throttle respons was much better, but foor the looks is the whale penis nice.

So this one is for sell. Only we have got no selling forum.. :lol:
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm