DIY : How to increase airflow to your stock throttle body

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: DIY : How to increase airflow to your stock throttle body

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nice work, can't wait for dyno results on this one (even better, dyno with classic intake and this one as a comparison?).

baz

Post by baz »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Nice work, can't wait for dyno results on this one (even better, dyno with classic intake and this one as a comparison?).
x2!

After my OBD1 swap this will be the next step.. :D
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Great piece of engeneering !

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Nice work, can't wait for dyno results on this one (even better, dyno with classic intake and this one as a comparison?).

Jep i reallllyyyyyy need to get this thing dyno tested.And i want to do some good A-B-A test. I was even thinking about doing test without intake pipe .To eliminate the fact the intake pipe might not work properly.Have to look into that doing a test with stock Tb with a 10cm piece of straight pipe (so i can still hook up the iat) and the TBIRA with a 10cm piece of straight pipe .And afterwords testing with intake tube vs a general short ram or cold air.
But i still have a lot of work to do on my car before this friday (Hondaropa) .
If the whole suspension setup of the car is ready i can go back doing engine /intake/exhaust work.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

today my technician told me about that patern, he says that this thing can circle the air to send it into system so that can create a " little typhoon" into space and the fuel can be burnt better , too hard for greece to create something like that , but a mass order from this site it will be better if moderators agree
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well I don't mind if a small groupbuy is set up from here. Put it that way ;).

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

if this thing worths why not make an acc to order some of those stuff ? :>

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Firebass wrote:today my technician told me about that patern, he says that this thing can circle the air to send it into system so that can create a " little typhoon" into space and the fuel can be burnt better , too hard for greece to create something like that , but a mass order from this site it will be better if moderators agree

You're talking about swirl and your technician is right in some point.A velocity stack's shape will force more air into the plenum of the intake manifold .That does create extra swirl but this happens inside the plenum.By the time the air went true the runners and into the intake port the swirl will be long gone.
The plenum is like a big bottle where the air compresses toghether so it can divide the air over the 4 runners .The bigger the pressure inside the plenum the better it can provide air on low valve lift.It's like having a turbocharger but on a small scale.In some cases you can even read a 0.2 -0.5 psi of boost from the map sensor.(Most tuning devices can read those values).Most of the time map sensors read 0 psi .

Swirl around the injector area can be a bad thing to have cause the fuel can't mix properly with the air.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

oooo yes , u said it correctly cz i m not familiar with all the "mechanic words" but is it worth ?

Heltfeil

Re: DIY : How to increase airflow to your stock throttle bod

Post by Heltfeil »

First post pics lost?