JG Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold

saxophonias

JG Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold

Post by saxophonias »

This is the Intake manifold i favor and use for the last 3 years. I am very happy with its performance, reliability and the sound it makes above 5000rpm.
It's almost the most expensive out there but i think it deserves the extra money. Its installation is very easy (everything is included). There are some very specific things that are worth mentioning.
First of all it has a angle at the beginning of the plenun where the TB is located.
Apart from clearance issues as you read, this angle serves for better air flow at the first cylinder which is a common drawback of stock manifolds.
HONDA
PERFORMER X (3000-7800 rpm)
The Performer X intake manifolds for Acura and Honda’s are engineered for street/strip applications where peak torque and horsepower gains are realized between 3000-7800 rpm. The larger-than-stock plenum volume and 9" runner length are tuned for producing peak power at high rpm. The Performer X Series manifold is ideal for all-motor and turbo applications. May be upgraded to an eight injector system by purchasing a #4779 secondary fuel rail kit and drilling through the partially machined secondary injector bosses
Some pictures of it

Here is a good write up for this manifold. Tested on a stock d16y8. It scored almost 6 more hp with emphasis to high rpms.
http://importtuner.automotive.com/64346 ... index.html

Here are some more pics from my engine bay
Here you can see the distance of the plenum from the firewall.
I think the runners are longer than the skunk2.

demolik

Re: JG Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold

Post by demolik »

nice, realy, realy nice. Is is't avalible in Europe ? I've seen some customs based on this one, but not so good as this one I think.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

It's a very good intake but wouldn't make much of a difference over stock d16z6 or y8 manifolds if you don't go with cams, extra revving etc. If you are at 120-125 hp range cheaper intakes will do the job :)

demolik

Post by demolik »

saxophonias wrote:... but wouldn't make much of a difference over stock d16z6 or y8 manifolds if you don't go with cams, extra revving etc.
Good to know that. Actually I have d15b7 IM :roll: ... must try with d16z6.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Can you make some pictures of the manifold where it crosses the Fuel filter ?I'm trying to determine how much room there is between the fuel filter and the manifold.Also some pictures between the manifold and the firewall would be great .

PS: Where's your TB cable? Doesn't it supposed to be on top ?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i'll take some photos. As for clearance there is no issue at all. And the space is good to work while having the manifold on.
As for the T/B cable due to the fact i used the stock TB the wire couldn't make the original way (the t/b mechanism would work sideways) so i made an extra base and redirected the t/b cable. It works well after all these years.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Ah ok thx ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

The pics we have been talking about
Hope to have helped.
If you buy this manifold be aware that you have to tap some holes which were meant for some 99-00 d16y8 models with air cooling manifolds or something. You can see it on the manual.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I actually made a video to help you more with distances
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpFTMG71r44

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Thx man , this helps out a lot !! I'm going to buy this manifold seems to be the best option for me. ;)