JG Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold

Law_

Re: JG Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold

Post by Law_ »

If you can type the link... There are many results and dont know for sure wich one you reffer to. But thanks !
And for the other people... Can i use the dremmel extended or should i open the IM and weld it after?
cheers

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Law_ wrote:If you can type the link... There are many results and dont know for sure wich one you reffer to. But thanks !
And for the other people... Can i use the dremmel extended or should i open the IM and weld it after?
cheers

You can use the dremel extension piece ,but that wont get you far enough.
I'm using that too and you can't reach everything.But you can clean up most of the runners pretty far.That's why i cut open the manifold so i can reach everything.If you know somebody who can weld aluminium with TIG or MIG you won't have any problems.The edelbrock manifold has the thickest wall i have seen up till now,about 6mm of wall thickness.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

TIG or MIG welder. im gonna ask to some people =)

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

A guy i know flowed a stock Edelbrock performer X intake manifold without Tb and it flowed 215,5Cfm across all 4 runners.He going to do another test with Tb ,i'm curious how it flows .My ported Blox intake manifold flowed 260CFM with my stock Tb back then.So i guess it wasn't that bad afterall :D
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

so with the t/b on it will flow less right? Do we know anything about stock manifolds?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:so with the t/b on it will flow less right? Do we know anything about stock manifolds?
I'll ask him to also test a stock manifold ,but i think the manifold will flow more with the tb on.

Type_RW

Post by Type_RW »

hi guys,

Interesting posts here. Saxophonias thanks for info. I also think that will choose Edelbrock IM over Skunk2 (planing upgrade in spring).
But can someone advise me about fact that either D16Z6 and D16Y8 - they bouth fit my D14A4 block engine. I know only info about price - Y8 more costs.

Can you give me some feedback - what to buy and why???
Thank you.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

You will probably be able to find either manifold or something very similar in a scrapyard. Both manifolds (for our intents and purposes) are similar enough so that you just buy the one you can find easiest/cheapest. Unless you are planning a super dooper d14 then just get either as the fitment should be pretty much the same.

I have a d16y8 manifold and that was just because I found it in a junkyard :D
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete