Blox Intake Manifold

Law_

Re: Blox Intake Manifold

Post by Law_ »

and D15Z6 with void EGR or D14A8 (plastic) are good choices too =)

79mm

Post by 79mm »

I know it that you use the edelbrock one since years and often i ask myself several times how this guy can see this gains w this mani. and im sure thats nice, i know your vids at youtube and so long...
A friend of mine had a Skunk2 IM on his sohc Vtec and he switched back to the OEM Mani,just like me...he lost power too. And i know many guys who can confirm that. its strange :?
your sedan pulls hard,even a bit better like mine.
the ej9 head has a great flow. just change the 2 manis to let the the engine live.

the plastic mani has the shape from the d16 y8 mani.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

so does D15Z6 =)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i can't think that any bigger manifold than the crappy stock one could be worse given that there are good intake and exhaust mods on a d14. On the other hand i think that the difference might be less comparing a z6/y8 mani to an aftermarket one if there aren't extensive mods.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

My SKunk2 IM and TB were the worst upgrade to my car coming from stock Z6 IM and TB... but I did not lose anything as well, except a lot of money. I just snatched 1 or 2 hp right before the limiter. And I did a lot of port-matching on it. I think if I did not do the port-match it would have been worse.

Not changing back to D16Z6 IM, but reluctant to sell it despite many questions for it.

My only doubt is that perhaps the Skunk2 IM works better with my Skunk2 stage1 cam, that setup gave me more torque than I expected. Perhaps since the runner length of the S2 is slightly reduced compared to D16Z6.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

wow. Since there are the z6/y8 manifolds almost for free this should be the only choice. As for me i got my edelbrock only for 250usd so i don't feel sorry for it.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:wow. Since there are the z6/y8 manifolds almost for free this should be the only choice. As for me i got my edelbrock only for 250usd so i don't feel sorry for it.
That's cheap for the Edelbrock intake and a good deal indeed Saxophonias.
I think it all depends for what aplication you're using the manifold.My powerband on the D14 will be in higher rpm's that why i bought a edelbrock manifold.Not because the oem manifold can't handle it or something.You'll need an extreme engine setup to ouflow the stock manifold .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

indeed. I was aware of the fact that up to now i don't use the potential of my manifold. It is a good chance to see how it will perform with a good cam though. I bought it my self when visiting my brother in the states along with the dc header and the apexi. I put them in my suitcases and came back with the stuff 8-) 8-)

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

saxophonias wrote:indeed. I was aware of the fact that up to now i don't use the potential of my manifold. It is a good chance to see how it will perform with a good cam though. I bought it my self when visiting my brother in the states along with the dc header and the apexi. I put them in my suitcases and came back with the stuff 8-) 8-)
Lucky you =P
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

79mm

Post by 79mm »

I would only choose those big manis on a highly modded d16 or a boosted sohc. Stock z6 mani is good for over 200Hp.
Poor throttle response by velocity decreases.