throttle cable (for IM swapping on D14)

lelouchvi

throttle cable (for IM swapping on D14)

Post by lelouchvi »

Hi all,
I am going to a IM swap with my D14, at the moment I am short of the throttle cable, I can get hold of one which is a B16b, would it fit? I am going to use the D14 TB but with a D16 pulley, is that ok? Please correct me if I am wrong...

marty40

Re: throttle cable

Post by marty40 »

the d14 one should fit if i remeber correctly. im still using the standard d14 cable. the only thing is its a bit longer than a d16 but still fits. i think... :?

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

aiii , I see. Thanks for that, clear things up a bit. but I do need swap the pulley right?

ilya

Post by ilya »

I have not changed my pulley. D14 cable suits, it is very long, it can be everywhere, but not beautiful!

that's why I used the cable from the CRX was a little shorter. approached me and just right.

PS. remind me have automatic gearbox, and PULLEY bit different.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

I have a manual tho, but thanks :)

Law_

Post by Law_ »

You do have to change pulley for a pulley from an side flow IM. you can read about that on IM SWAP posts from dodo =)

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Thanks, Law. I going to use the pulley on the D16Z6 and put it on the D14 TB now. Hopefully things will go well during the swap. Do you guys have any difficulties in swapping? Dodo mention that he didn't run the coolant through the IM? should I? is it good or bad?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

i didnt either, you have a review on my "newbie corner". Difficulties... yes, at least one. My idle was baaaad ! erratic : RACV didnt work well maybe it is dirt or something, and i shut it off afterall. If you are not installing IACV at the moment, please shut the IACV hole very very well. If you are using D15Z6, remove EGR mechanism and cover it very well too.
Cheers

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

I do have myIACV on my D16Z6 at the moment. I should just leave it there unplug right?
The RACV is on the D14 TB right? if so just unplug and replug after installing?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

sorry i didnt understood right.
you can use RACV (on D14 TB) but mine didnt work well after IM swap, maybe that was from the new installation position. After OBD1 swap you can use IACV although i know OBD2 cars with IACV, but i've tried before OBD1 swap and it cannot be done. But yes, just unplug sensors and reinstall them in the end, reseting the car also. You might be lucky and your RACV might work well