Where is the TA sensor on D16Y8 intake manifold

Sp62

Where is the TA sensor on D16Y8 intake manifold

Post by Sp62 »

Hello :)

Sorry for my english , i'm french ;)

So , i just going to change my D14A4 intake manifold for a D16Y8

Everything is good , the car start up correctly , but the temperature of the engine is warm up very quickly ( juste a short acceleration on 2nd gear and the temp gauge is at 3/4 :shock:

the TA sensor is not connect , because i don't know where is the TA sensor location on the D16y8 intake manifold ...

Sorry for helping , and thanks for futurs answers ;)

Law_

Re: Where is the TA sensor on D16Y8 intake manifold

Post by Law_ »

Please introduce yourself on proper section, this is a forum. Does radiator fan works? Do you have engine coolant? How is idle? Do you have engine check light on? Cheers

Sp62

Post by Sp62 »

My radiator fan doesnt work , even if temp is very high
My engine coolant level is on max line
No check engine light ...

And when i put on my A/C fan on hot position , the air is cold , even if car is very hot :(

( I'm going to introduce me ;) )

lumpenst

Post by lumpenst »

You either have air in your coolant or your water pump isnt working. I once fiddled with a CRV with similar problem of yours. Checked fan switch, Termostat, engine coolant temperature, temp sensor for the gauge cluster and car had no air in the coolant. Came out to be the water pump which had rusted and dissolved completely into the coolant.

To check this, give it some revs while the car is sitting and wait for 30 secs or so and check if you get hot air from your A/C afterwards.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I suspect air in the system, did you bleed it via the radiator? Normally after a IM swap I need 2 to 3 liter of coolant if I did not drain the entire system, in the last case it is 4-5 liter I pressume?

Also thermosstat can be jammed. Though no heater suspects broken water pump the first...

To check for fan working you might short circuit the thermocouple switch connector (I just did the same today to check my fan which I replaced on the B16B).

TA sensor is probably not an issue... but to answer your question. It is not located on either intake manifold. Stock it is found in your intake filter box which is not replaced. Make sure you did not throw the sensor away! It should no be located in your intake tube before the throttle body. Intake tubes from 92-95 Civics have same fitment, but do not have the hole to plug the TA into.

Heltfeil

Post by Heltfeil »

5 year necro, but found your (dodo) reply a bit confusing.

With you on the stock location of the iat (air filter box), but not replacing the stock airbox? Pretty sure it's going to be pretty hard (and not pretty) to mount a topdraft airbox on a sidedraft manifold. Probably ment the IAT wouldn't need to be replaced.
You also mention the IAT shouldn't be placed before the throttle-body.
Both the D14A4 and the D16Y8 have it placed before the throttle-body.
A4 - after the filter, in the air filter box
Y8 - in the intake tube

As he is using a D16Y8 intake, how would he (or someone else, as its been 5 years) mount it after the TB?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I think Dodo just made a wrong choice of words or a typo.
The IAT sensor needs to be in the intake pipe before the throttle body,if you're using the stock D14a4 or D16y8 sensor.
(They are both the same)
The D16z6 intake manifold has the stock iat sensor in the intake manifold,i just plugged that hole with a plate and used the stock sensor in the intake tube.
IAT sensor in the intake tube gives the best readings,IAT sensor in the intake manifold can get heat soaked of the aluminium manifold.
When going turbo you need to replace the iat sensor to either a D16z6 unit this one => Image

Or use this one which is the same type as our stock one but can be srewed in. ( this came on the accord euro-R ,crv,legend and other cars) Image
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Heltfeil

Post by Heltfeil »

Yeah, that's how I understood it too. Was just curious to what Dodo was up to with that advice. Always up for some new knowledge about alternative ways :D