Performance air filters

cad civic mechanic

Re: Performance air filters

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Law_ wrote:Im really impressed with the kind of tech on D14Z4. The peripherics are far superior, with Mpfi + Plastic IM (that can be as efficient as metal shape ones - but cannot be used on turbo applications).
If it was installed on a 3d chassis i would like to have it for me ! 9 wire dizzy is an advantage too... This model is less documented but maybe, easier to tune and with better results.
maybe the cam profile, maybe the ECU map.

I must confess the weight confused me... 1600 kg !
Does anyone weighted an Ej9 3d?

Anyway, we are here for learn with each others, and in the engine section, i must say D14Z4 is impressing me... Dyno IT !
Yeah weight confused me to, I think that maybe weigh bridge hadnt been properly calibrated in a while and was over weighing before i weighed it I thought maybe 1350 to 1400, that shocked me. Discovered one problem with plastic IM no mounting point for IVAC in the moulding only RACV on tb can be used unless I change the IM. Are the skunk 2 IM's any good ?

Will definatly dyno before any engine mods. Was a very nippy lively engine but when you give it the shoe it was very very sore on fuel, never gave me any bother at all, and only 60000 miles on it, oil and filter change evey 5000, new plugs, air filter and valve clearences checked every 10000 and new timing belt 1t 50000 and still on origonal power steering and altenator belt :D
Last edited by cad civic mechanic on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Hum Skunk 2 are too expensive for what you get imho but someothers think different. You have Edelbrock Performer X (and Vector X(, but dont know if the last is available for D series. I've seen people using them on B series. D16Y8 manifold (or D16Z6) are good enough if you ask me. Cheers

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ah that is a pitty, no IACV flange. Indeed D16Z6/Y8 IM's are hardly outperformed by S2 or Edelbrock.

cad civic mechanic

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Ah that is a pitty, no IACV flange. Indeed D16Z6/Y8 IM's are hardly outperformed by S2 or Edelbrock.
Got the head, intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors and TB sorted, going for a stock D16Z6 top end supplied by law :mrgreen: cheers dude 8-)
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

Skeilz

Post by Skeilz »

I weighted my ej9 : 1020kg with the full tank of fuel. I have the climatisation and 2 airbags^^

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Do you have sun roof? ABS? Great number, how did you weight it?

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

mine is also that weight 1 tone exactly with empty tank , i got abs and airbags , no roof , probably also the factory seats play important role
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

hi all,
tried to look for some apexi air filter today,
saw some cheap ones and expensive ones, is the cheap ones a replica?
how much would it normally cost for new?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think these sometimes go over 100 euro's, I got one for sale for 50 if I am correct... unused or virtually unused, PM if you are interested.

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Pm'D