Performance air filters

lelouchvi

Re: Performance air filters

Post by lelouchvi »

I guessing the intake will contact with the mount when fitted therefore the mount need to be replace ! It is just a shame I don't have any tool to mod it to fit. . . . .

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Saw this online, surely the price reflects that it is a replica :mrgreen: right?

Sorry forgot to post link ! hahaha

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
which one??? :mrgreen:
Last edited by lelouchvi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

You saw what online? I don't see anything or am I looking over it? (Is my sentence proper English, or am I mixing Dutch --> Dunglish?)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

nice find for both. There is no comparison though! Get the apexi. I have loved its performance. It is the only filter that gives me more midrange power! It filters superbly and it doesn't require washing. Just throwing air.

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Got the Apexi one now, waiting on some silicone joins. Pictures coming when I put it in :mrgreen:

archyman

Post by archyman »

I had been thinking about the difference between original performance filters and Chinese one's.
Personally i have some kind of a Simota type filter with plastic heatshield.
I just don't know what is the difference between them and how the hell are they better when looking almost exactly the same.
Would i gain any benefit from changing the china one with some famous label for hundreds of lizards?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I think that the quality brands filters offers better filtration than low quality chinese or taiwanese filters.
Also quality brands have more filter-induction kits that offer real power gain!

archyman

Post by archyman »

I will check if the induction pipes are dirty and respond to you. i have several thousands of km on that filter without cleaning it, and if the pipe is clean inside then I'll have the answer:) ..I have the suspicion that the difference may not be so big.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

When I used to have simota filter the intake pipe was dirty (there was dust and microparticles).
If someday I put aftermarket filter it will be only from quality brand.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

When I had the simota intake the tube was super clean. It was so strange and I had for several years. However I used to clean the filter very often. It was quite restrictive though. My apexi filter is more open but filters worse judging from the intake tube! Could you believe it? In a test the apexi filter gets the 1st place in filtration and performance. The worst was an hks i think