Performance air filters

saxophonias

Re: Performance air filters

Post by saxophonias »

Our stock intake is identical to d16y7 and it's the worst ever. The bad thing is that there is no hole where to pass air so you have to drill :D Most honda chassis have already a whole where the airbox lies to manage air and redirect it to the resonator. D14a8 have similar pattern. So you should drill the place and make your own piping which is quite easυ. I have made something like that.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

and so i will !
Best Regards ;)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I'll post some pictures of the custom ram air i have made. ;)

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I have made a custom airbox for a general 2.5" filter that worked fairly good.It's when i reached my 119chp on the D14.Now i'm making a more complex Tb and Intake .I should post it up here but it's a long topic with lot's of pics.You should look into the Blox velocity stacks they are great too ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Please do post the pics, i am eager to see how it is done...
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Finally swapped the Apexi filter that i bought some time ago.
I used the stock apexi's tube and added a simota tube i previously had. This set up is 75mm. The filter has a deeper sound and it's definitely inhaling better in the mid and higher rpm range. Soon enough i will install a heat shield too.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

nice one, looks good, how much did it set you back?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Can you believe that this filter was a used one? :shock: I got it from a very good seller importer of ek9.org Final price with shipping was 75e.

baz

Post by baz »

Got my new/old filter with custom made tube.
AEM dry air filter, tube diameter is 70mm i suppose, will measure it tomorrow for you all.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

doomm

Post by doomm »

I think what is a filter you use, take it from a logical page ... engine creates a vacuum .... so he takes what he needs air, the only problem is the quality of material used to the engine lacked too much dust. or I'm wrong? what would take more account of the pipe wall and the quality and disparities between the parts of manifold-throttle body-head, as small as possible deficits and leaps in communications, there was churning minds, just compare the throttle body with the manifold and manifold to the head, manifold well shield from the heat of the head (Honda gasket or gasket Outlaw enginering) preheating shut throttle body and IACV and if you have a mood, taste and time to open up and polish the manifold branches and manilfod chamber, and put up the best surface is supposedly dull .... like after sanding