Cold Air Intakes, Airboxes and Scoops

Pelle

Re: Cold Air Intakes, Airboxes and Scoops

Post by Pelle »

Not yet, but I'm gonna, don't know when. Also I want to know what weight my car is. :)

I have to say the response is better with the velocity stack at the bumper, cold air FTW!!

EJ Eire

Post by EJ Eire »

Had a look around online and could not find a definite answer to this question...Will I have issues fitting a DC1 airbox to a D16Y8 IM fitted to a D14. The internal diameter of the TB side of the airbox piping is 65mm and as far as I am aware this is the same as the external diameter of the D14 TB. My concern is whether I will have sufficient clearance in the bay and whether I will have issues mounting it. I would imagine as it is pretty compact it shouldn't be an issue but I just wanted to confirm before I buy from the guy :D Looks much better than the OEM Civic D16 airboxs :lol:

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I tired from the noise that makes the simota air filter.
I am thinking to swap Ek4 vti air box with it's resonator.
But had an offer for an Integra dc2 air box. Does dc2 air box produce much noise?
Is it possible to swap dc2 resonator to ek chassis too?
Which one is better to choose ek4 or dc2?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

man is it so irritating? :roll: :roll:
If you swap mb2/d16z6/ek3,4 bla bla, filter, you will need to drill a hole on the chassis as the majority of civics haveit while ej9s don't. It is no big deal (i have done it to mine so as to make a cold air feed-ram air- to the filter from the bumper). If you choose the dc2 one (it is said to be the best probably) you don't need to drill as it follows a different route. You won't have a panel filter anymore as well.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

For the majority of people the producing noise from my current cone air filter maybe is not irritant.
But I don't like the noise especially at the mid revs when the engine is straining, for example at uphills.
That why I am thinking to swap the cone air filter with ek4 or dc2 air box.
I see about the ek4 airbox that needs drilling at chassis. But except this, is it good for our d14s with IM swap?
Or better to go with dc2 airbox? I know that dc2 one is good for performance but what about the producing noise?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

man just don't use the resonators :lol:
i don't think that the noise would be an issue in either case

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

See if there are any sharp edges which can be removed or altered... is the noise whistle like? Happens a lot with open air filter systems... about 50%. Right now my Simota filter is one of the first which doesn't produce such a sound. :!:

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

My filter is like that one on the photo and I have d16 rubber intake hose.

I think that I don't have sharp edges but as you said the open air system is the matter for the annoying noise at mid revs.
(I like the producing noise at the high revs... :D :D it's like one step before arming the vtec :mrgreen: )

So what you suggest to go dc2 airbox?
Will it reduce the noise because of airbox system? (it will not have the resonator)
But what you say about the EK4 airbox without resonator, is it worth the money?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

how much are you willing to spend?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Nothing, is it possible? :lol: :lol: :D

I want to install airbox that will reduce the induction noise.
And of course is cheaper to replace OEM style air filters rather than cone or panel perforamnce air filters like K&N for example.
So one option is the EK4 airbox wich is around 40-50 euros + the filter price and second option is the integra airbox that is more expensive and also hard to find it and it's OEM style filter here in Greece too.