Individual Throttle Bodies aka ITBs

saxophonias

Individual Throttle Bodies aka ITBs

Post by saxophonias »

This is the dream of every N/A tuner. ITB's will deliver plenty of air to each cylinder, creating the potential for N/A monsters. Still there many other parameters that should be taken into consideration in order to have success. There are a few ITBs systems on the market which are very expensive as we will see. Still there is another way. Too many people take ITBs from motorbikes which they modify to fit their engines. In this occasion though, someone has to be sure about the dimensions, as they are crucial.

saxophonias

Re: Individual Throttle Bodies aka ITBs

Post by saxophonias »

Let's see some ITBs available for D-engines.
And here installed
100% custom and made to order, 46mm, 50mm, 55mm, and 57mm will be the primary throttle size options. Includes: custom ported billet adapter plate for the cylinder head of choice (D15, D16, ZC), (4) individual throttle bodies with ramtubes, linkage, MAP reference ports (10-32 or 1/8" NPT), and GM or Ford style TPS boss. Pricing is set at $1650.

Brake master cylinder clearance shouldn't be an issue, I'm working on an integrated cable bracket and routing the factory throttle cable. Will be up and running with a new Bisimoto cam very soon.
You can find it at bisimoto's homepage
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?mai ... cts_id=254
It includes
* Cast aluminum Manifold, with ram tube adapters
* Dual milled style, hard chromed throttle shafts
* Aluminum throttle plates
* Bronze throttle shaft bushings
* Custom injector boss inserts for honda EFI injectors
* Throttle arms, throttle stop with safety return spring and stop boss
* Billet linkage connector bar
* Barrel cable end style pull arm for use with honda style cable
* Orifice for Honda Fuel Pressure Regualtor
* Bolt on TPS boss

You will also need
* Top feed system
* Fuel injectors
* Fuel pressure regulator
* -an lines
* Fuel pressure gauge
* EMS

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

yesterday, i put the B18C's TB
above 6K rpm, my B16 sounds healthier than ever ;)
i need an ECU tuning now
"The unique valve cover, the hidden spark plug wires. this is something any serious engine enthusiast will recognize instantly: Honda's B-series".

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

I guessing ITB's dont include air filters, isnt there an issue with water or shit getting in your engine really easily?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

mynameisowen wrote:I guessing ITB's dont include air filters, isnt there an issue with water or shit getting in your engine really easily?
of course! You need filters and maybe a plenum. The main problem is that you have to direct the air there somehow..

Law_

Post by Law_ »

1600 US Dolars. Lol
My car cost that :D

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Also don't forget that 55-50-45-46mm are way to big for your D14 .I've seen D16 with 42mm itb's from a CBR that made close to 200hp at the crank without any problems .For a D14 i would look into 40mm or maybe 38mm Tb from a Bike or something ;) .
I always wanted to have itb's but i just can't get those true anual car inspection every year.It would require me to swap the itb's every year for a Intake manifold...If that wasn't a problem they would be on here a long time ago :lol:
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Welcome to Belgium :( .
I still have 2 pairs of ITB's.
One is a 39 or 40 mm GSR
The other I believe a 38 mm CBR.
Bought them to research and hopefully try ehm one day.

With one of them I even got a manifold... but it was terribly designed and defintly could never beat my Skunk2 mani, so they're still in the shed. Still have plans for them with extreme long tube lengths... getting the 4th instead of 6th reflection is the hope.

One day I hope to get a good manifold, Sebastix had a brilliant one made, but it also costed a brilliant amount of money...

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Wel Sebastix was going to turbocharge his itb's right ?I haven't seen a manifold for those itb's yet , not one that can be pressurized.I believe he's tuning his turbo setup today at Deckers.So results will be in this evening or tomorrow.I hope his engine survives :D
On a side note i still have a TWM 4-cylinder ITB air box laying here ,never used it.http://www.twminduction.com/Filter/Filt ... airbox.jpg if anyone is interested ,just let me know ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

ilya

Post by ilya »

better than ITB, than stock IM?

First, we changed D14 IM at D16 IM.

boosting the volume of the reservoir. so?
Now get the volume absolutely. so?

what a miracle ITB?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich