Individual Throttle Bodies aka ITBs

hondaNickx

Re: Individual Throttle Bodies aka ITBs

Post by hondaNickx »

ilya wrote:better than ITB, than stock IM?

First, we changed D14 IM at D16 IM.

boosting the volume of the reservoir. so?
Now get the volume absolutely. so?

what a miracle ITB?

ITB's are always better then a normal intake manifold.But they are more difficult when you are tuning the ecu for the correct air fuel ratios ect...An even better way are carbs ,cause they mix the air and fuel better so you'll actually get more hp.But even here you gotta know how to adjust your carbs correctly .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hey this info may need some exploring: I recently looked under the hood of a 7th gen Civic with D14... I think engine code D14Z6 (how funny). It was all stock and could not see much, but the intake manifold looked alien. I thought it was a multi-piece with a nice flange part that could be used for ITB's! Since the head looked the same I expect the thing to be a perfect fit for any D14 ITB project. No idea how the actual thing looks from the other side and if it is usuable... can anybody get his or her hands on it?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It's the same aluminium flange that the D17 engine uses.They do fit right onto our heads with minor modifications.I've seen someone use it before to make a itb setup.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Probably the right engine, but I can't see the part I mention.

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

guys i really need more info about the custom fabrication needed for installing itb's cause i'll have access to a cbr 929 inyection system for cheap, and want to find out what i need to fabricate and stuff, please help!!!

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

you need to weld the runners shape of the intake manifold for starters

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

saxophonias wrote:you need to weld the runners shape of the intake manifold for starters
, well yeah i understood that, that's no problem, i have acces to all the welding materials and a TIG welding machine! what about all the vaccum hoses?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Vacuum hoses you can get at every descent car shop, don't bother about that.

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Vacuum hoses you can get at every descent car shop, don't bother about that.
:lol: yeah my friend i know that!!! but what i meant is about hooking up the vaccum, cause the itbs have no map sensor... i'll take pictures this weekend so you can see. I've seen at honda tech topics about this, and seen a couple of guys building a vacuum canister to collecte all the vacuum hoses cleanly and to be able to have a better response, but not really a lot of info about the customising needed for the MAP, any ideas?