IM swap. Check the holes in fuel pressure regulator and rail

justintian1218

IM swap. Check the holes in fuel pressure regulator and rail

Post by justintian1218 »

:!: I had my IM swapped from D14 to D16 one. everything was good, except the FPR. Since just like it said on front page of this http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/ suggesting to use stock FPR from D14. However, the position of FPR is not fit into fuel rail from D16. So I have to cut the slot to bigger to change the position in order to fit the holes into fuel rail... was a bit mount work on it >.< just be ware do check the FPR and fuel rail...:)
Last edited by justintian1218 on Sun May 08, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BETEK

Re: IM swap! Besure to use fuel pressure regulator from D16

Post by BETEK »

I don't know what you did but the FPR from d14 and d16 is interchangeable
Many guys here, had tried this modification and it works

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nope, I explicitly state in my article:

-Fuel rail D16Z6 with all rubber rings for the injectors and with stock FPR.

That means the stock D16Z6 naturally! The D14 FPR does not fit like Justin said, it can be made fit but I don't like messing with these things. Apologies if you interpreted it as stock D14 FPR, I'll make sure I change the text accordingly in the future. Thanks for noting it! Is there any other occasion I missed which might look like it refers to using the D14 rather than the D16 FPR?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I know that the FPR from civics 96-00 is interchangeable d14,d15,d16
Because I have tried it myself and some other guys here too
For fitting FPR from 96-00 civics to IM of D16Z6 or 92-95 civics I don't know

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ah I see, this is the matter:

All 6th gen Civics have the same FPR (design), the 3 holes do not line up.

All 5th gen Civics have the same FPR (design), the 3 holes do line up.

So a D16Z6 FPR and D14A3 FPR are different and cannot be interchanged. But the D16Y8 FPR and D14A3 FPR are the same (design).

I strictly speak of design since I doubt whether the fuel pressure is the same for all those.

justintian1218

Post by justintian1218 »

I took the IM from D16z6, and my car is D14a4, the three holes in D14a4 regulator is lined up, but for the D16z6 rail, it requires the one without lineup though. Except this, i think that's it, the return pressure are all the same roughly 42 pis on a stock honda regulator?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: IM swap. Check the holes in fuel pressure regulator and

Post by Dodo Bizar »

2.5 to 2.8 bar are the numbers in my head. Roughly the same I guess.

xaviou

Post by xaviou »

The D16Z6 FPR was missing on the injectors ramp, so i've try with a B16A2 FPR (From a 1998 civic) and it's line up.

Actually it's not on the car, because i'm waiting for new coolant hoses and i'm not sure about the injectors.

I have a D16Z6 Harness and an EK3 Harness (And P06 Ecu + Harness obd1 to obd2a + Dizzy + Dizzy harness obd1 to obd2a to make the OBD1 Swap)

So what is better :

1) Keep the D16Z6 injectors on the fuel ramp and cut the the Ek3 Harness to solder D16Z6 injectors plugs form a D16Z6 Harness (I already did this for the TA sensor plug)
2) Replace the D16Z6 injectors by B16A2 injectors (OBD2A) to keep the Ek3 Harness intact.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I personally prefer keeping injector connectors intact, so it's up to your possibilities. Technically both solutions are equal to me.

xaviou

Post by xaviou »

Thx for the advice dodo, swap actually done thanks to your tutorial :), just have few problems :

1) Ek3 Harness = the alternator plug is different because it have 4 wire and the ej9 have 3 wire, because of alternator relay wire. so i've solder the ej9 plug on the harness

2) Water leak across the gasket with white smoke at the exhaust :? , maybe need to add some sealant ?

3) After setting the correct ignition with the strobo gun can i run with the P06 map stock ? or it is too dangerous ?