Opinions on D16ZC IM vs D16Y8

EJ Eire

Opinions on D16ZC IM vs D16Y8

Post by EJ Eire »

I have a friend who needs a D16Y8 IM for a project and is willing to offer me a D16ZC IM from a DC1 Integra as he needs to make use of an IACV. Externally they appear to be extremely similar in design with the ZC not having an IACV. As the D14 uses a RACV and the IACV is not needed this would be a cleaner looking install for me. Has anyone had any experience of using this particular IM and what were your opinions? I hope if I make the swap to go ahead and get my setup fitted in the next week or two so any info on this setup would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys :)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Opinions on D16ZC IM vs D16Y8

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I actually hardly know that car/engine. Judging from its year of built of DC1 cars it might be identical to D16Z6/Z9 IM? But if it has no IACV it might be a very clean IM indeed... make sure the inlet runners and bolt pattern are correct, if so... I think you should go for it.

EJ Eire

Re: Opinions on D16ZC IM vs D16Y8

Post by EJ Eire »

Thanks for the reply man. The bolt patterns are all the same I have been told so that shouldn't be an issue. I will post up pics of the manifold when I collect it and will see how it performs when fitted :)