Z6 IM throttle cable

Beef

Z6 IM throttle cable

Post by Beef »

As tittle really..

Going to do the swap once i've got a new gasket and want to know if i 100% need the Z6 throtte cable? Or could i make my D14Z2 one work?
Slammed D14Z2 EJ9 on steelies

To do: cheap coilys [done], rear lower control arms and brace, Superlow's, stickerbombing, exhaust and intake mani, ODB 1, vtec head

pardizzle21

Re: Z6 IM throttle cable

Post by pardizzle21 »

hello beef,
i had the same question my self before doin the z6 to z2 intake swap, so i bort the z6 cable.when i went to fit it i realised the z6 cable i had was a diferent fitting to the pedal on my car, so couldnt use it!! :(

Long story short, use d14z2 cable, but u'l need the z6 cable bracket so you can connect it to throttle body!

Acc3l3ratoR

Post by Acc3l3ratoR »

z6 cable bracket ....
can you post a picture with this bracket??

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

hi have a look on -engine tuning
-induction
-OEM D series IMs -theres piks of the mani with the cable bracket fitted
;)

Beef

Post by Beef »

pardizzle21 wrote:hello beef,
i had the same question my self before doin the z6 to z2 intake swap, so i bort the z6 cable.when i went to fit it i realised the z6 cable i had was a diferent fitting to the pedal on my car, so couldnt use it!! :(

Long story short, use d14z2 cable, but u'l need the z6 cable bracket so you can connect it to throttle body!
Ok that answers my question :) but cable bracket?.. Are you talking about the spring loaded part that's connected to the throttle butterfly? Where the throttle cable ends..

To do: cheap coilys [done], rear lower control arms and brace, Superlow's, stickerbombing, exhaust and intake mani, ODB 1, vtec head

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

hi, yes you need the z6 spring/bracket for the IM swap,
otherwise your stock one guides the cable the wrong way! To be honest the swap is very easy as long as you have all the bits ready,ie sensors,tools,bits of wire if you need to extend etc...

The only part i got real confused by was the coolant auxillary lines (the coolant lines that go in and out of intake mani and are used for the idle control) (racv),its hard guessing where they go!

When are doing the swap?

Beef

Post by Beef »

pardizzle21 wrote:hi, yes you need the z6 spring/bracket for the IM swap,
otherwise your stock one guides the cable the wrong way! To be honest the swap is very easy as long as you have all the bits ready,ie sensors,tools,bits of wire if you need to extend etc...

The only part i got real confused by was the coolant auxillary lines (the coolant lines that go in and out of intake mani and are used for the idle control) (racv),its hard guessing where they go!

When are doing the swap?
OK well I've got everything I need except a new gasket. The induction pipe and filter turned up yesterday and I'll get the gasket on Thursday.

So what did you do with the coolant hoses? I've seen that some people bypass it.

I'll hopefully do the swap Sunday.

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

hi mate,
at first id connected them wrong :? now i only have the main coolant line left into the IM. basically all other coolant pipes were blocked off, so no coolant goes through the mani at all.These small coolant lines are used for ur RACV(idle control) when the engine is cold-when the engine is warm it is electronicaly controlld.
This means if you do this method then ur idle will be abit high during start up, then as soon as it warms up the idle will drop and be nice n smooth....

On my setup there was 3 pipes i needed to block, 2 were next to the main coolant pipe and the 3rd was under the intake mani, a small pipe coming from near the blak plastic PCV.

If this doesnt make sense i cud take a picture ;)

Beef

Post by Beef »

Yea I kind of get it put a picture would help big time lol

Beef

Post by Beef »

Got everything now and dying to do the swap! Any luck with a pic?