EK9 exhaust

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: EK9 exhaust

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I got DC2 box on my EJ1 Civic. Works on the Coupe and Sedan chassis. But with hatch the box is just too big I reckon.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Comparison Ek4 vs Ek9 Exhausts

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Ek4 catalyst on the left vs Ek9 on the right

Ek4 catalyst on the left vs Ek9 on the right

http://www.ek9.org/forum/air-intake-exh ... rison.html

Ek9 exhasut box

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

yeap the cat is bigger, and to be honest i didn't see any difference when I swapped my sebring cat with the ek9 one, which means that they should be equal performance wise

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I got my self a dc2 back box so as to make the car quieter. I got it for 50euros and it is in good condition. I will paint it in black spray meant for high temperatures so as to avoid erosion etc.

By searching the net i found some useful info about dc2 and ek9 exhaust which are both superior to simple d/b series exhausts.

This is a sale for a brand new genuine JDM Honda Civic EK9 B16B Type R Exhaust Muffler from Honda Motors, Japan. This exhaust muffler comes with a brand new exhaust piping flexible gasket. Best suited for use by 3-Dr 96-00 Civic with B-series DOHC VTEC exhaust piping.

Type R exhaust mufflers are designed to accomodate the Type R 57.2mm larger exhaust piping diameter with more free-flowing funnel shaped piping inside the muffler. The exhaust flow rate of 115L/sec compared to the SiR B16A mufflers at 98L/sec. The muffler is a multi-chamber design with good sound dissipation specifications. The exhaust pipe finisher measures at 75mm diameter.
This is a sale for a brand new genuine JDM Honda Integra DB8 DC2 B18C Type R Exhaust Muffler from Honda Motors, Japan. This exhaust muffler comes with a brand new exhaust piping flexible gasket. It will fit 94-01 Integra and 4-Dr 92-00 Civic with B-series DOHC VTEC exhaust piping.

Type R exhaust mufflers are designed to accomodate the Type R 57.2mm larger exhaust piping diameter with more free-flowing funnel shaped piping inside the muffler. The muffler is a multi-chamber design with good sound dissipation specifications.
http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/host7exmu.html
And they are pricey too! 427$

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Honda lings uk sells the EK9 back box for about €210 brand new Oem honda.
The EK9 B-pipe goes for €195 brand new.

DC2 B-pipe and rear muffler are about the same price.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Guys today I went to an exhaust garage and tried to install the dc2 muffler. The guy told me that it is too big to fit without hitting the chassis or hanging too low. Could you give a help here? A photo would be great.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Guys today I went to an exhaust garage and tried to install the dc2 muffler. The guy told me that it is too big to fit without hitting the chassis or hanging too low. Could you give a help here? A photo would be great.

That's true , a friend of mine had a DC2 muffler modified to fit under his EJ9 and that was a very close fit.
It should fit ,but it's very tight .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

After searching a bit I found out exactly what you say! It fits but its really really tight. I only had to extend a bit the exhaust tip.
It is very quiet, not like stock though. Inside the car you hear nothing and the cops don't pay attention to you :lol:
Performance wise, i think it lost to some point but gained to some other in the powerband. I think it has a little loss from 2500 to 3000 then it pulls better in the midrange but in the upper band it may have lost some of its pull. It pulls stronger from 1500 to 2500 rpms and you keep 4th and 5th gear better in the highway. I have to test it in a straight line to be sure!