EK9 exhaust

lelouchvi

Re: EK9 exhaust

Post by lelouchvi »

Anyone hear of MIJ exhaust company? in Brimingham

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I've seen them around on ebay .Thinking about getting my stainless piping with them next time i need some.Pricing looks good and the quality too.
I don't know about their mufflers though
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

the ebay ones are too loud for me

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

you can always use an extra silencer at the end of the muffler ;)

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

hondaNickx wrote:I've seen them around on ebay .Thinking about getting my stainless piping with them next time i need some.Pricing looks good and the quality too.
I don't know about their mufflers though
Yea i probably get it down when I go back to UK in September. they have it in Belgium too?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

This might clear some things up ;)

Comparison of EK4 VS ek9 exhaust
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think I got the JDM DC2 midpipe and muffler under my EJ1... and I think it will have the same specs or similar as the EK9. I can tell it is a beautiful exhaust which is very quiet, but performs excellent! And that for a closed muffler.

But what a difference between EK4 and EK9... so there is much more than just the VTEC lobes, the entire exhaust is different :D .

Actually from the looks of it the EK4 exhaust is more similar the average D-series exhaust than to the EK9...

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Perhaps nice to know, the ESi downpipe is a 1 on 1 fit on the EK4 downpipe! Perhaps it is the same, explaining why the ESi has such a large anti-reversal of 33mm to 42mm into the downpipe(s).

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Perhaps nice to know, the ESi downpipe is a 1 on 1 fit on the EK4 downpipe! Perhaps it is the same, explaining why the ESi has such a large anti-reversal of 33mm to 42mm into the downpipe(s).
Really ? i didn't know that , so you could swap out the EK4 bottom part with the Esi upper part?Should be a nice upgrade for the Esi header.I know people used to cut off the last straight section and pull out that restriction pipe and weld them back on.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

d16z6 has a nice big 4-2-1 oem header! Good, indeed.
So on average b16a2 has 50mm exhaust diameters, in contrast to 57, bigger mufflers and more open. So the internal diameter of b16b must be around 53-54mm considering that the stock metal is thick enough for rusting reasons. From this difference how much of difference would you guess?