EK9 exhaust

Law_

Re: EK9 exhaust

Post by Law_ »

You can swap to Ek4 exhaust that is round 50mm, but not on all sections. it has several diameters. I bought just the muffler for 60eur.
Took it to an exhaust house and they fit it in the minute, but it had a flange. I think it would be difficult to fit on the minute, without the stock flange, but as you are considering to fit all exhaust (except exhaust manifold of course) thats not a problem.
So see this : Whats the stock exhaust diameter of Ek9 Type R?
If it has 50mm (+) i guess it will pay for itself.
Otherway if you can get an Ek4 hole exhaust for almost free, go for it =)
Cheers

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Hi Law,
I was just wonder whether the sensor holes will be at the same place? the EJ9 has one behind the CAT. Same with EK4/9?
I going to check the condition of the exhaust first before I get it next week. I post some pictures if I got some.
Would the EK exhaust has a better flow CAT? any effects on performance?
When you say 50mm + will pay for itself, you meaning performance gain?

ilya

Post by ilya »

exhaust compare from Ek3\4, VTI. ek9 it's B seriens engine.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Ilya, you saying that it won't fit?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Obviously the Exhaust manifold from Ek4 and Ek9 wont fit as they are B series engines.
But the rest will definitly fit ! My EJ9 as just one lambda probe, on the exhaust manifold. Are you sure yours have two?
Yes, i meant that performance gains will be noticeable but they will be even better if you install a proper exhaust manifold like Megan Racing or JapSpeed (these are the cheapest ones). Dont know about Ek cat design though...
Good luck

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

just one probe on the exhaust manifold. I changed it to Japspeed 4-2-1 already on last Saturday. The other probe is behind the CAT in the stock D14 exhaust.
I just wonder the EK stock exhaust has a hole at the similar place. If not I can put it on the exhaust manifold. It has a probe space just before the CAT. it is closed at the moment.
No picture yet. hope to have them later tonite.

ilya

Post by ilya »

Law_ wrote: But the rest will definitly fit ! My EJ9 as just one lambda probe, on the exhaust manifold. Are you sure yours have two?
k
GEN 6 before 99 - 1 lambda
Gen 6 after 98 - 2 lambda, he have D14Zx (1,4 dont know)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Hi, guys, got some photos now.
As you can see I don't think there is a hole on the CAT/middle section of the exhaust. Conditionwise, is it good? NO CAT tho. would it be problem with fitting it on? diameter? D14 CAT to ek ?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

you dont need the part from the 3rd picture as you know. no idea about the probe issue but i dont think i have it on mine. Maybe it can be discarded. Otherwise seems good. if you do want to keep cat, think about ordering a custom exhaust. you can make one here in Portugal for 70 - 80eur from Exhaust manifold - back in any diameter

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Just worry if the stock D14 exhaust CAT diameter will be a problem while fitting this ek exhuast? probably have to check when I buy this. It would be interesting if he sell the CAT as well. so I can compare the D14 and B16 CAT =p