EK9 exhaust

baz

Re: EK9 exhaust

Post by baz »

lelouchvi wrote:Baz, when you have time can you post some picture or video? =] it would be a great help/ guide for others and me
Hi man,

Yes, pics and video is possible. The video mainly for the sound i suppose and pics for the looks?
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

2 donut gaskets of id 50mm

So the rear backbox connection is reduced to 50mm on the ek9 exhaust ?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lelouchvi

Post by lelouchvi »

Yea that will be great baz =] keep up the good work

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

So i got the EK9 midpipe over here and measured it all around.

EK9 exhaust is 2.25" not 2.5" .
The outside diameter is 57mm and the tubing has a wall thickness of 1.5mm which makes it 54mm Inside diameter.

It also has 2 bottle necks .1 up front where the catalytic connects at the triangle flange. It narrows down to 51mm inside diameter and then opens up to 54mm inside diameter.
The 2nd bottle neck is at the rear where the backbox gets connected to the midpipe.It narrows down from 54mm inside diameter to 48mm inside diameter.After that the oem ek9 backbox opens up again to 54mm inside diameter.

I'm replacing the 2 steel rusty flanges for stainless steel oem copied flanges.Cause the oem steel ones where rusty as hell and they were getting thin.Also going to treat the whole exhaust line which makes stainless not rust.This way it can last another 10 years :D
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Shouldn't I just build DU-wiki? You got so much usefull info Nick.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Shouldn't I just build DU-wiki? You got so much usefull info Nick.
YES!! and then all the information will be one place not all over the site! We do need to sort it so that newbies can see all the relevant information in one place. Something like the articles you wrote ages ago but updated with all the new stuff we've learnt.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yeah I'll do that... I try to seek things out this sunday.

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

hey people, i think its already mentioned but i cant find a definate answer.

Are Integra type r dc2 back boxs a straight fit onto ej9?I think i heard they are the same as ek9 back boxs which are a straight fit

thanks

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

You mean straight bolt on? The tubes are bigger than your stock exhaust. You will need custom work i guess

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

hi sax, do you mean the width or tubing or the length?

Width shouldnt matter as im currently running a near stock size mid pipe with a oversize backbox and it fits fine, no leaks etc.

Length should be a problem, my friend is a welder

let uno what happens, thanks