General discussion about exhausts

saxophonias

Re: General discussion about exhauts

Post by saxophonias »

Bisimotos headers like AN-Rs or RMFs have the sophisticated design in order to succeed better flow, speed and the highest resonance between intake and exhaust right?
So imo i don't think that a simple cai with a typical large exhaust are sure to work! Apart from the size there are tons of things to consider in the exhaust lets say, like, length, curves, catalyst, number and design of mufflers etc. So 16whp should be the ideal max. to be getting and not the standard numbers everyone would get. I hope i am wrong, but i have seen the same story with hundreds of USA tuners in B-series scene that claim for extroadinary performances that in the end simply don't work. Something must be missing in every case.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

You'll get the most power gain with this header because it's made for your setup specific.Not everyone is gaining 16Whp it's just an example what could happen ,this is also a major difference stock header Vs. Bisimoto custom .I've seen other dyno graphs were the Bisimoto header made 12whp more then a Dc sports header.I know you'll make more power with the Bisimoto header then with any aftermarket header out there.There isn't even a D14 header on the market we're all using D16 headers.
I'll try to dyno my header when i got it here and installed so you all got a proof that it actually works great.

You can't compare Bisimoto with any other out there , this batch of V2 race headers he now sells are limited at the price of $629.Such a header will cost around $1300 with another company.Later on the price will go up ,he's not even making any profit on this batch of headers that's why it's limited ,it's just something Bisimoto wants to do for the D-series people.Bisimoto also uses Burns Collectors ,those are used in the F1 and such a piece allready cost around $200-$300 and that's just the merge collector !
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

How is the V2 header customised for d14 engines? :roll: Does he have a d14 guinea pig?
Cam you still keep your power steering and a/c with that header?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It is customized because it's made for your engine!You need to give all the specs of your engine offcourse.The block external diamensions are the same as a d16 block like you allready Should know.The internals are different, Bisimoto allready got the stock cam specs of the D14a4 cam from mine cam .I can also post them here i got them from Bisi.That's why it makes the most power also because he takes everything in consideration what cam , what intake manifold ,what engine ,what exhaust ,he even asked how low my car is !
You can't keep AC or Ps with this header because it's a race header...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Now you are talking man! I wasn't aware of all these!
Any chances of keeping the p/s and a/c?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Now you are talking man! I wasn't aware of all these!
Any chances of keeping the p/s and a/c?

Yes if you can wait somewhere in 2010 the street version comes out that is AC compatible but not P/S i believe.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

why is that? what is the problem of running a belt for power steering?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

The problem is with the shape of the header.It's not like the ordinary ones.

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

Law, Bisimoto headers look like this:

This is a B-Series engine. As the Exhaust Manifold shape isn't ordinary, it is likely that it interferes with A/C Radiator, or P/S pump.

;)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

This is what the New Bisimoto V2 D-series header looks like in stainless steel.