Exhaust manifolds

saxophonias

Re: Exhaust manifolds

Post by saxophonias »

If you uploaded a picture of the header it would be useful! Do you run the stock intake manifold? After installing my dc-4-1 header with the stock intake manifold the performance was poor.When i put on the edelbrock everything ran smooth. What about your exhaust tubes? Diameter?

demolik

Post by demolik »

saxophonias wrote:If you uploaded a picture of the header it would be useful! Do you run the stock intake manifold? After installing my dc-4-1 header with the stock intake manifold the performance was poor.When i put on the edelbrock everything ran smooth. What about your exhaust tubes? Diameter?
I run d15b7 IM.

Just don't have any specs. I bought it from my frend... he blown up his d15b7 motor by the way, but before that he was satsisfy by this header.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Yea I would love to have a fast N/A track car and have a turbo car for fun...

Okay thanks i will try japspeed.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Raimundo wrote:For us Europeen guys, JapSpeed seems to be the best value for money option on the market. I payed 150€ for mine, delivered here in Portugal already.

Other brands, or unbranded manifolds, tend to crack on the solders near exhaust flange, so, I didn't take any risks and bought these.

Bisimoto Image
Raimundo i ask JapSpeed and they want 40 Pounds for sending the manifold plus 150 for the manifold itself... That is over 200€. Yours was cheaper? Cheers

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

something about other brands, the header 4-2-1 of megan racing, it that thing worth buying?

i've heard the are manufactured in the same factory as DC-sports?

or is this a brand like pay a lot for the name not the quality?
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

baz

Post by baz »

Megan racing is a good header, got myself something like it. Dont know if they are made in the same factory though.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

Law, sorry for the delay. Did Henrique told you how much the EM cost?

Search in ebay.co.uk for Japspeed d16, seller is 2fast2cool2, 99£ the EM, plus 34£ for shipping.

Btw the EM is ok until now, had a small problem on the middle flange, where the two parts merge together, blown a couple of gaskets. It was machined, soldered, and now is behaving ok 8-)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Raimundo wrote:Law, sorry for the delay. Did Henrique told you how much the EM cost?

Search in ebay.co.uk for Japspeed d16, seller is 2fast2cool2, 99£ the EM, plus 34£ for shipping.

Btw the EM is ok until now, had a small problem on the middle flange, where the two parts merge together, blown a couple of gaskets. It was machined, soldered, and now is behaving ok 8-)
Good to know raimundo. Henrique told me yes... For the price i think it is the best option :D Cheers

gian

Post by gian »

In the "Low Budget Header" category, Megan Racing is the best bang for the buck

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

that's the one i'm gonna get :P

have ordered it few days ago :P
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"