Exhaust manifolds

hondaNickx

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by hondaNickx »

Ahh you are right , 50mm was the outside diameter yes i was wrong on that .
I re-used oem donut indeed so that gotta be 50mm outside.
Most aftermarket exhaust material has a wall thickness of 1 - 1.5mm. so 47mm inside diameter or perhaps 48mm would be the correct diameter. They come in various diameters 50mm 55mm 60mm en 64mm. My ebay header had gaskets with them and those where 55mm i never did found a replacement for that .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

hondaNickx

Re: Exhaust manifolds

Post by hondaNickx »

I just bought a used Supersprint 4-2-1 header.Does anybody ever had one of those ?I just bought it for car inspection every year ,and because my future D14 is going to have more hp and i don't like to choke my engine with that oem D14 header.My current ebay one is rusted everywhere and i think it leaks a little somewhere...Out with the garbage and in with the new :D
The design is really decent ,about the same as Dc sports.And i'm hoping the fitment will be near perfect . Should perform pretty well ,i will test it out cause i still have to mock up my new center exhaust for the bisi header .The new retail price of those supersprints are insane about 430euro :shock: That's as much as Dc sports go for.
But they are E.E.C homologated or something,they connect right up to the stock Cat and they are dyno tested.

I did read something about people welding the 2 pieces toghether ,maybe they leak sometimes ?I don't know but i did saw those several times before and they all where welded toghether.I just might weld them toghether to begin with, that will keep trouble out.

Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Law_

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by Law_ »

2,5 isnt too much? though 55mm or 2,25 was better...

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Mergers really look decent. SS was never known for its performance, but they make a good supplier of parts that just give a plus to your car :).

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Mergers really look decent. SS was never known for its performance, but they make a good supplier of parts that just give a plus to your car :).

Ok wel it doesn't really matter for performance ,i've got the Bisimoto header for that.It should do the job for anual inspection and winter cruising time.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

the racing headers were the performers of supersprint. I was always dubious of the simple ones, mainly due to their size (small). A friend of mine has the 4-2-1 header to its d16z6 and never got the result he was waiting except for torque numbers. The same for b16 too.

saxophonias

Re: General discussion about exhauts

Post by saxophonias »

i move some interesting topics from the dyno section here.

Nick says
But i do think most d-series 4-2-1 header exit into 50mm .The cheap ones at least do (most of the headers i had all did),dc sports are all 55mm exit afaik.
Even Baz his D14 makes a lot of torque too 142nm ,but i don't know what brand header he's using?
Dodo do you know what the exit diameter was from your 4-2-1 header?
I know i got pretty low torque readings only about stock like torque (125nm) but i altered that headers exit diameter to 60mm.My new Bisimoto header also has an exit diameter of 55mm so i'm guessing 55mm exit is the key here.After that the exhaust can open up to 63.5mm or 2.5".

Dwardu

Post by Dwardu »

Hello there,

I'm looking for a low budget manifold and I just wanted to confirm that for low budget Megan racing is the way to go?

I saw some of those other cheapy 25$ ones, are they really flimsy or do they work fine but pose no power gain whatsoever?
--

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

almost every person here can verify that up to the range of 120-130hp every header will do the job. I trust ebay headers for this kind of job. Still i can't swear for everything that exists out there. Pick one and post it here to evaluate. Pay attention to the curbs and the sizes.

Dwardu

Post by Dwardu »

i was looking into one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98 ... ccessories

im to understand that 4-2-1 is 'better' than 4-1 for... some reason... and that you dont need to move a lambda sensor as opposed to when you opt for a 4-1... whatever that is :lol:

you can see how much i understand :mrgreen:
--