Exhaust manifolds

saxophonias

Re: Exhaust manifolds

Post by saxophonias »

4-2-1 is the safest way to go yes. It seems ok for the money

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Indeed yes , most D-series 4 into 1 designs are all badly designed.
They need a proper 4-1 merge collector and those are very expensive.
This is where most manufactures save on money and make them crappy.
The 4-2-1 designs are better designed and are cheaper and easier to make.

There are some companies that actually make good 4-1 d-series design headers like Bisimoto ,Hytech ,ASP and SMSP,but those are very expensive.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

What about the 4-1 header of Raceland.
Does someone know the specs of this manifold?
Raceland gives 10 years warranty.
It seems that it has correct design about lamda sensor for D14 engines because lamda will collect data from all cylinders as oem.
Do you think that it will perform better from 4-2-1 headers? Because better breathing at high revs?
Has someone any feedback for this header? Or do you ever heard anything about this header?
http://www.raceland.com/products/ro-hc- ... onda-civic

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

raceland makes the cheapest coilovers and other stuff. The collector is sitting high if you see it. For sure it will be better that the stock one. How much does it cost?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

It costs 237 Euros.
What you think it will better at high revs from 4-2-1 headers?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

man it was too expensive! You get a dc for this price. Buy a cheap 4-2-1 ebay header with 60e. It will do the job!

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Yes I know it is expensive.
Just want to know if 4-1 or 4-2-1 design exhaust manifold is better for our D14s that have potential to rev about 8000rpm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Don't get carried away with the 10 years warranty ....That design is crap,the merge collector is a cheap piece,and the primaries are way too short.You can buy those exact same 4-1 headers on ebay too for $10. XS power sells them too ,i used to have one like that on my ej9.If you want a 4-1 header get one designed like Bisimoto or Dc sports 4-1 .SRS also makes 4-1 headers like the Dc sports.

Dc sports header cost around €300-€400 new in europe.If you can find one for €237 just let me know!
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I see ;)
237 euros is the cost for Raceland manifold.
Yes Bisimoto has best headers and DC ones are good but little pricey :(

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

BETEK wrote:I see ;)
237 euros is the cost for Raceland manifold.
Yes Bisimoto has best headers and DC ones are good but little pricey :(

That's why i also mentioned SRS exhaust.They're cheaper but have a similar design as Dc sports 4-1 header ;)

http://www.12tune.nl/zoek-op-onderdeel/ ... gines.html