Exhaust manifolds

hondaNickx

Re: Exhaust manifolds

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:prefer 4-2-1 so as not to have to move the lamda sensor

Lambda on the downpipe (4runners) reads better Air/fuel values then of 1 runner ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

indeed but on the other hand he has to purchase a heated lamda and for sure he is going to have problems with flawing waters in the rainy days especially if the car is lowered. I am speaking from experience :(

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

i dont get anything :D xixixi i got a problem on my check engine light "oxygen sensor not working " :/ wtf?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:indeed but on the other hand he has to purchase a heated lamda and for sure he is going to have problems with flawing waters in the rainy days especially if the car is lowered. I am speaking from experience :(

I don't see why water would be an issue , B series have them standard in the downpipe.Most good aftermarket headers have them on the downpipe too.I think it's more because of a bad isolated lambda sensor.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Funny, my girlfriends EJ2 with D15B7 engine had a cracked OEM manifold. So bought an ESi instead. Unfortunatley lambda did not fit due to rust in the ESi manifold, tomorrow I got a tap for it hopefully.

But the thing is: the ESi manifold came in 2 parts, actual manifold and down pipe (with 2 runners in case of an ESi). I needed new gaskets to mount the parts together and what I saw was that both parts had a huge difference in internal diameter! I did not know that.

Downpipe is larger than manifold innner diameter. I thought 33 to 42 mm!
So OEM Honda manifolds already have anti-reversal in it?

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Beauty :D

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

hondaNickx wrote:
saxophonias wrote:indeed but on the other hand he has to purchase a heated lamda and for sure he is going to have problems with flawing waters in the rainy days especially if the car is lowered. I am speaking from experience :(

I don't see why water would be an issue , B series have them standard in the downpipe.Most good aftermarket headers have them on the downpipe too.I think it's more because of a bad isolated lambda sensor.
which lamda is the secondary in this case? I don't think it has to do with isolation as with the fact that the car is super low so, that everything gets wet.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:
hondaNickx wrote:

which lamda is the secondary in this case? I don't think it has to do with isolation as with the fact that the car is super low so, that everything gets wet.

There are lots and lots of VTI 's ,integra's that are super low driving around over here and i never heard anything about getting into lambda trouble when it rains ...I'm not getting the point here?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Me neither, driving just cms of the ground with one of my cars. In the shittiest of wheathers still performs. Lambda is on top of the downpipe, but bottom of it touches around 5cm from the ground (lowest point 3.5cm :mrgreen: )