Exhaust manifolds

saxophonias

Re: Exhaust manifolds

Post by saxophonias »

with roads like these?
When the catalyst gets flooded this change of temperature doesn't cause shake?

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

hahahahhaha :D
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

the reason i am insisting on this is because i would like to see whether our friends from the civilized world drive to roads like these which is the typical around Greece :(
If they don't have problems with this amount of water then i'll have to look further if there is a problem with my car

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

We got a lot of rain during the year in Belgium and sometimes the road floads like in that picture but not much.When driving true such a pool i can imagine you get lambda problems yes , but that isn't something that's like 100's of miles long or months right?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

infrastructures in Greece are in poor condition. When i drive in waters like these then the lamda gives poor signal (maybe due to the heat change or water falling on it) and for a few seconds i need to go over half throttle so as to be able to drive the car. If this happens for a couple of days the engine doesn't feel right, works smooth or so. After that no problems. Clearance problems in combination with flooded roads give issues to ball bearings that are exposed in the engine bay. I can hear the bearing of the dynamo (power generator) for a few days too.

And i would like to mention that when the lamda was on top of the header i never had similar issues even when the car was lowered!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Well i would try to make a splash shield around the lambda and try to avoid as much big pools of water as you can.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I would stop and wait for the water to go away to be honest if I'd see that... I never drive in pure aqua planing conditions. I think 3 to 5 mm of water is the most I ever run through. Only some small puddles which are deeper... but for 3 to 4 meter so I don't care. And even that is rare for me.

I am spoiled...

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

DODO dont come to greece dude :D
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well not with the EJ1 :mrgreen: . I would still love to visit Greece one day.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

You welcome here :D