High Flow Catalysts and Test Pipes.

colsh

Re: High Flow Catalysts and Test Pipes.

Post by colsh »

yeah i have a d14z2 the o2 sensor i was talking about is in the cat one on manifold too. will post pictures and spec soon. first car so im looking to go B16b powered next sorry guys lol

colsh

Post by colsh »

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Family/My%20Documents/07072009191.jpg, dont have a clue how to upload my car pics...shite

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Lets put it this way: we don't have access to your PC so we can't see anything this way.

Uploading pictures cannot be done on this site, disabled by me. Will cost me a fortune to pay for the database that way.

To show your pictures you need some pic storage site (others will know), and link it to here by typing something like:

[ i m g ] http://www.somewebsite.com/yourpicture.jpg [ / i m g]

But remove the extra spaces in [ i m g ].

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Go here:

http://www.servimg.com/

Just click upload and select the file in your pc.
Then copy the third link (BBCode Image)
Just paste it here and you dont need nothing more.
Cheers

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Oke first of you do not want backpressure at all ,that's old skool tech for old skool headers that don't work properly.The real gains comes from pulling as much gasses out as possible.A header that isn't designed properly will gain torque with a smaller cat back exhaust or like in this case a cat.Most general 4-2-1 headers for D-series are designed like this.
A well designed header needs a straight true open exit to perform at his best.Look at Hytech Exhaust he uses "Anti reversion chambers" in his headers to stop exhaust gasses from going back up.
If you want to use a great cat i would get some of those race cat's like Saxophonias allready mentioned.A 200cell race cat or those renault cat that Hytech Exhaust sells,those are really good too and they look OEM.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hmmmm, my B16B that goes on the dyno in 2 weeks has this HiTech header btw... curious what the improvement from stock B16B header is.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Hytech makes really good headers ,if it's the genuine Hytech you got ...?
If i would have known earlier that they make a cat back exhaust i would have bought that whole system.They make a Type-r cat back and header.
Their cat back is in house made and uses a twin loop design that is much more silent then a genuine mugen twinloop.I love the sound of it .There's a video clip of a 256whp civic Eg with build b18 and itb's that uses the hytech header and exhaust.It sounds awesome to me.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well, after installing this header I got at least 0.5 sec of my 400 meter sprint time hehe. Without proper tuning.

But seriously, it is the real thing, I was not aware Hytech was that special... they had a group buy on Civic Club Holland last year so I joined. Btw a lot of people order the big-tube version. Me 2, but last minute I got a warning I should go small-tube which I did. I was happy... big-tube owners not, they had dissapointing results I heard.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Jep you can't go wrong with a Hytech header he was one of the first to be using those anti reversion chambers on headers.They are custom made afaik kinda like the Bisimoto headers.If Bisi never came out with the D-series headers i would have bought a custom Hytech piece.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

so what is the result ? i got a d14z2 and i replaced my factory pipe with a 48mm no catalyst convert with the mid one box and race exhaust !?!?!?
i ve done or not well ? before that i had a race catalyst
http://yfrog.com/6zdsc00197xj
http://yfrog.com/0udsc00198jxj
http://yfrog.com/12dsc00199lxj

your opinion ? should i stay like this or .....?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!