Exhaust sensor

boggs

Exhaust sensor

Post by boggs »

My D14 facelift has two sensors in my exhaust the usual one on the exhaust manifold but also another one in the cat. My new exhaust doesent have a hole for the second sensor which would usualy be in the cat, although my aftermarket exhaust manifold has a second hole. Would it be ok to extend the wires of the second sensor and put it in the second hole in my exhaust manifold even though this is slightly closer to the first sensor/engine?

Thanks in advance :)

saxophonias

Re: Exhaust sensor

Post by saxophonias »

i wasn't aware of ej9s having 2 oxygen sensors! Your cat isn't mounted on the header right?

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

atm i got no catalyst , so no lamda on, i know its wrong , my headers are coming and i ll rebuilt the exhaust from the beggining , i dont know if i got 1 or 2 oxygen sensors , so i suppose the majon will be back as soon as i put my catalyst back right ?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yup there are EJ9's with secondary lambdas. Either all OBD2b or some OBD2b versions. Not sure. Actually removing the cat can cause problems. I'll dive deeper in it one day. Thing is that actual oxygen amount before and after cat should differ... if ECU can't find the difference, it might throw an error code. I am 100% certain this happens in a 7th gen Civic of somebody here in NL.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

They make lambda foolers for that 2nd lambda.All Civic EP1/EP2/EM2 have that problem too and they use lambda foolers.I would be careful to extend lambda wires that could cause bad readings.I would use oem plugs or buy a lambda extension harnas on ebay or from rywire .I bought mine from ebay and it works perfect.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

well already i got an exygen reading error, i hope now that my new headers come and my catalyst will be aplied back , this lamda will work :D

boggs

Post by boggs »

The second sensor is just before the cat well its in the cat but at the very start. Could i use one of these lambda foolers on my D14 and does anyone have a link to one or anymore information?

Thanks

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

well boggs means that , i changed my headers today and here is the 2nd lamda http://yfrog.com/mw1000965xj
my new headers had already hole for this lamda though :D

i will post later new photo with my new header and the lamda one ^^

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

the problem is not to extend but the fact that if you place the non heated lamda sensor in another place further then it won't work right for sure. Had this problem. You need to buy a heated lamda for this reason

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

guys check this out , my mechanic told me that the lamda on this position is not correct cz it reads from 1 stroke , he told me to purchase 1 lamda with further wire to install it at the end of the new header where is there a position that i could put one , what u think ?
http://yfrog.com/ea1000970jj

could i try to extend it instead ? i think the honda electrician can do that