Exhaust sensor

saxophonias

Re: Exhaust sensor

Post by saxophonias »

don't extend man. You need a new heated lamda. If the car runs smooth i wouldn't change it.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

it runs but the mechanic i go to do my service told me that , "if 1 strokes make bullshit then the reading will suck and u ll get errors" but i think
honda and "shit-stroke"? no way , am i thinking right saxokiller? :O
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I agree with the extension. One stroke really provides bad results.

I did some extensions myself (last one this sunday, but not on the car yet). But it can be done without extension... just re-route it. That is actually what I did years ago on my EJ9. I just splitted open some of the loom, pulled out the lambda until the point where everything is combined. From there, instead of going forward in the engine bay, I re-routed to downward left where the lambda hole was sitting. No extra wire needed.

Using good solder and good wire hardly adds any resistance on the signal. But you need good soldering on that stuff... needs to be hot. Difficult metal type of the original lambda sensor wires.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Oops, I completely read over the non-heated part. Polivias is right, fuel consumption goes down when a 1-wire is mounted so far from the head since it just measures too cold.

So ehm... go to heated lambda! Getting the right wires connected is not much of a problem, even with stock ECU. You just put it on permanently heated, I ran for years that way, no problems.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

well guess what , mine lamda is already a heated one so i dont need to buy a new one , i just asked the honda electrician if it is possible to put bigger wire and he can do it , so i ll just hit it in a while ^^ cheers :D

http://yfrog.com/0tdsc00223rxj as u can see there are 4 wires so this lamda is a heated one ^^ i m just lucky , i love my civic '00 :>

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

ok lamda on , at the catback , i went to measure the gases , and i m not good , i got a little upper the legal limit, the mechanic told me that maybe its not the fault of the catalyst , but because my vaccum gauge is connected with a triangle at the pressure gas , but when i passed last time for the general test , i had catalyst on and the gauge ?!!??! and now ?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Got the same problem myself with my B16B today, tried everything over the past years... even today spent hours working on it with a gastester.

Perhaps some leaks... try revving it a little more... injector cleaner... ow and check engine working temperature, once I had an open thermosstat and that made even everything worse.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

it sux , cz in general testing i can go and put a rag into the exhaust and can block the gases , but i cant have the rag all time ,and if police stop me i ll have huge problem >.<
well i m tired with the car , all these months , i leave my luck to God ....

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

my lamda sensor i think it must be burned the front one on the headers, :/ fak it , i m so pissed of the bills and the expenses this season :((((

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

i changed the sensor and i can say that my car got it lost bhp :) fuel consumption to normal at last and more bhp :) gg thnx saxophonias