Cams for D14

saxophonias

Re: Cams for D14

Post by saxophonias »

Thanks for the input Nick!
Lately bisi has been going slow as for d-series enthousiasm i guess, so maybe this could be a good non-vtec cam alternative?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Thanks for the input Nick!
Lately bisi has been going slow as for d-series enthousiasm i guess, so maybe this could be a good non-vtec cam alternative?
I wouldn't deal with Bisimoto anymore.After the whole scam with his made in china Headers and crap welds and other things he got a lot of negative feedback from the honda world .Since then he has been busy with Porsche parts .Even contacting them was a big pain in the *ss cause the personal didn't knew anything .

I talked with Rocket motorsports and they could regrind a d16y7 cam to D14 specs .He said the stock cam specs were veryyy mild and it would be easy to make more hp with a different cam.I also think that's what limits the engine around 120chp with I/H/E and a tune . A regrind cost $285 with them .
Rocket motorsports also does his special spark plug mod and he sells those too.Which gives better hp/Milage .I believe there's a thread on Honda-Tech about his spark plug mod.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

These are good news! I would be really interested in a cam mod eventually, especially if he can use d16y7 core to fit in our d14 engine as it is hard to find stock d14 cam and send them over. Keep us posted please!