Cams for D14

saxophonias

Re: Cams for D14

Post by saxophonias »

Really nice! I think you need to rev it more!

Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

I also found a german that company that offers regrinds for our camshafts. Some of you may know it, it's dbilas. They are especially known in the BMW and VAG scene. Anyways, they offer four different regrinds, ranging from 260°/256° to 272°/264° degrees. If you click on "Details" you get more information for each regrind. What do you think about those cam profiles?

http://www.dbilas-shop.com/Produkte/Spo ... _3038.html
Last edited by Hellraiser on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

He used to be know here from opels
He could be convenient to us if it is worth it!

Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

But out of curiosity, what engine mods do you think would be needed to really complement the 272°/264° camshaft? Would it be feasible to use on a stock engine?

Here are the translated details:

1,6 degrees: 272/264
Camshaft spread: 110
Valve stroke: 9,0/7,8
Engine valve timing: 26/66 - 62/22
Valve clearance: 20/25

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

That's a Lot of Valve Lift on the intake side , and a lot of timing.My Bisimoto Level 2 regrinded D14 cam has about 8.5mm of lift on the intake side.Also exhaust lift is allready 8.3mm on my level 1 regrinded cam .
Those cam specs are more based on D16 cams afaik, and those are really not "Strasse" or Street Cams .If you really want use one of those cams i would use the one with the least amount of timing and the most lift on the exhaust side.Strasse 1.4 or 1.5 would be a better choice ;)Those could be used with I/H/E and ecu tuning,but they also require better valve springs with that much lift.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Nick how much does the bisi 2nd cam affect fuel consumption?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Nick how much does the bisi 2nd cam affect fuel consumption?
It all depends on your right foot :) Not much more then stock
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Have you got any videos from your car to see its acceleration?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

No its not installed yet.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Lately Rocket Motorsports has gotten a great reputation with regrinding cams and making new billet cams.
Here are some Camshaft specs of their Facebook page

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1940614179

Looks like the Stock Y8 cam is a better cam then a stock Z6 cam. :)

http://rm-powered.com/