Cams for D14

Raimundo

Re: Cams for D14

Post by Raimundo »

My Civic will be runing D16Z6 head in less then a month. I've already got D16 MPFi IM, its stock on MA8 Civic.

Have a complete D16Z6 head, distributor, ht leads, D16Z6 Hondata Intake Gasket, Adjustable Cam Gear, head is going to be port matched, and polished, so to increase volumetric efficiency.

Will contact Skunk2/Bisimoto so see what camshaft could other D14 VTEC like myself use :mrgreen:
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Good luck! Give us feedback! I would propose bisi 2nd stage cam.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Raimundo wrote:My Civic will be runing D16Z6 head in less then a month. I've already got D16 MPFi IM, its stock on MA8 Civic.

Have a complete D16Z6 head, distributor, ht leads, D16Z6 Hondata Intake Gasket, Adjustable Cam Gear, head is going to be port matched, and polished, so to increase volumetric efficiency.

Will contact Skunk2/Bisimoto so see what camshaft could other D14 VTEC like myself use :mrgreen:
hi, what is the ht leads and the hondata intake gasket?
Thanks !

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

HT Leads are "cabos de velas", and Hondata Intake Gasket is "Junta de Admissão Hondata".

I have to use D16Z6 HT Leads since the holes in the head are different, and the Hondata Intake Gasket is thicker and from a non-thermal conductive material, objective is to lower intake manifold temperature, thus raising the capability of generating HP from the engine.

:)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

Law_

Post by Law_ »

thank you very much !
and the gasket, where did you bought it?
Muito obrigado (Thank you very much)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hehe, learning some foreign languages.

I have this Hondata heatshield as well. To give an idea: normally your inlet manifold gets up to around 80 degrees and you can't touch it. With the heatshield it stays below 30 degrees or something, you just touch it with bare hands. Especially when you've driven with some power, say 120 kms constant for an hour. Marvelous how cold it stays. But it works only if the coolant lines are disconnected to the manifold ofcourse.

And 5 min. after engine shut down the heat will penetrate the heatshield as well and since there is no more inlet air cooling it will get hot as well for a while.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

I'm wanting one !
Just willing to know the price,
BTW, nice forum growing up here !
Cheers

demolik

Post by demolik »

Law_ wrote:very impressive. but for the setup is a very good number... maybe too good i guess. how many hp could be gained on a decent ECU remap?
Also, how much (€) would it be for a decent aftermarket Camshaft?
Did i understood well?The Cam in that project is altered?
Thank you
I've done some researche, cam in H4WK civic is a custom cam from Grabowski garage/workshop who build cars to rally pro. Cost of custom cam is about 250/300 EURO. And you have to also get some camwheel with regulation. Very important thing is to tune it after instal.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Yes, i'm begginig to understand that the tune after the mods is very important... By now i dont know where i'm gonna do it but maybe in a ECU remap house here in Portugal. There are some good ones round here. Do you think it is necessary or can be done by other person? Cheers

demolik

Post by demolik »

a special equpiment (hondata) is needed, so if this person have experience and an equpimnent, know how to instal crome or other interface... your risk.
But no risk no fun ;)
I think you can find in Portugal meny person who know what's going on. Just have to search on your country honda forum and make contact... And prepare your wallet for cost, becouse it's not cheap :(