Cams for D14

saxophonias

Re: Cams for D14

Post by saxophonias »

man in Greece you get a d14 engine for 500e at least :roll: It's pretty hard to find a d14 cam too so maybe i'll just purchase one from bisi knowing that it will be a well treated one.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:man in Greece you get a d14 engine for 500e at least :roll: It's pretty hard to find a d14 cam too so maybe i'll just purchase one from bisi knowing that it will be a well treated one.

In America they don't have D14's ,but i can ask or look around for some D14 cams when the time comes. ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

the d16 core will do the work isn't it?Buying and sending it will cost some money so for 50e or so it's not worth getting all this trouble i guess.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:the d16 core will do the work isn't it?Buying and sending it will cost some money so for 50e or so it's not worth getting all this trouble i guess.
Maybe a D16y7 core will do ,but i can't tell you 100% sure it will fit your D14 and have the same timing specs and what not.
Shipping a cam isn't that expensive ,a core from bisi cost about $100 .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Bisi had already given me this info so i think it will do the work.

CarteluL

Post by CarteluL »

Ok boys..i read the whole topic ..but in concluzion WHAT OEM SOHC NON-VTEC CAM IS THE BEST FOR D14A3-4 ?

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

CarteluL wrote:Ok boys..i read the whole topic ..but in concluzion WHAT OEM SOHC NON-VTEC CAM IS THE BEST FOR D14A3-4 ?

i think that the best cam is the cam of the D14 engine itself, why put another stock cam in a D14 if it was they would have been done in the development of the engine at Honda's, otherwise i consider the bisimoto regrind. it isthe only company i knew of that has a D14 regrind in there product range.

another side of the story is.... where would you get a second hand stock cam? there are not many salvage yards where you can get just a cam or you have to be lucky that the exact engine you want your cam from is broken down except for the cam, otherwise u have to buy the entire head and for that misery and money i would go for the regrind.

and IF you can build another cam what probably could because if you look at the length of this topic :P, you dont have any bhp gains of not mucn (anyway not a number i would build in another stock cam) i don't have any experience with other cams but this is the way i look at it....... :D

good luck with your cam!
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

well said. i think our stock cam can be productive even in higher revs and can reach 130hp with out being an hp barrier.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Bisimoto doesn't have a D14 regrind in their product range.They just regrind the cam ,they can also regrind a D13 cam or a D12 cam.Kent cams can also regrind that cam ,or cat cams.You have several options ,you can contact OMI Performance they deal with kent cams and can get your D14 cam regrinded.Or you can deal with Bisimoto ,choice is up to you.

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

iff you visit the bisimoto website at the cam section there is D14/D15/etc so i assumed that they know what they are doing comparised to a "big" cam/racing sport company that does not pay a lot of attention to our little engines.....
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"